5,598,542 Members 45,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 5 KitKat Dialer

Tip us?

dyandell
Old
(Last edited by dyandell; 15th February 2014 at 04:29 PM.) Reason: Forgot to mention this was for the new 4.4.2 update
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] Nexus 5 KitKat Dialer

One of the things I was looking forward to trying when I got the 4.4.2 update was the KitKat Dialer from Nexus 5. I have used it with custom 4.4 Roms in the past and really liked it. One of the first things I tried when I updated to 4.4.2 was to sideload the .apk. That did not work and just kept FC. I rooted and flasked the .zip, same results. Anyone know of a work around or a way to get this to work?

LordKoga
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Try the flashable zip from ParanoidAndroid it's listed on their gapps page as an add on. It works on CarbonRom.

Sent from my SGH-L720 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to LordKoga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Robin Dhicke
Old
Thanks Meter 4
http://m.pocketnow.com/2013/12/26/install-google-dialer

Hope that helps

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Robin Dhicke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dyandell
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKoga View Post
Try the flashable zip from ParanoidAndroid it's listed on their gapps page as an add on. It works on CarbonRom.

Sent from my SGH-L720 using xda app-developers app
Thanks for the suggestion but that is the zip file I flashed from recovery.

dodgeboy
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I'm having the same issue (FC when opening Google Dialer after flashing the zip). I'm very interested in a solution to this. Hopefully someone has an idea.

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2349
I don't think those will work because they seem to be for AOSP. Use on TW would require some modding.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dodgeboy
Old
Thanks Meter 15
[QUOTE=daniel4653;50374886]I don't think those will work because they seem to be for AOSP. Use on TW would require some modding.

That's kind of what I figured, but the article referenced the S4 specifically. Don't all S4s have touchwiz?

dyandell
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653 View Post
I don't think those will work because they seem to be for AOSP. Use on TW would require some modding.

That is what I was afraid of. Maybe there will be something down the road. Man you are everywhere on here. Thanks for all you do on this forum! Just curious though, do you ever sleep?

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2349
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyandell View Post
That is what I was afraid of. Maybe there will be something down the road. Man you are everywhere on here. Thanks for all you do on this forum! Just curious though, do you ever sleep?
Yes all do , except for the Google edition. It had TW framework but even using TW apps like the Samsung camera apk took a lot of modding to work.

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

Joe0113
Old
Thanks Meter 1176

DONATE TO ME
That'd be awesome if someone could get the legit KitKat dialer to work on 4.4.2 TW ROMs!
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: 100% Stock (NCB) for now!
Kernel: Stock
Theme: Cryten (Nova theme)
Modem: NCB

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!

The Following User Says Thank You to Joe0113 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]