Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Fullscreen widget?

Tip us?

paradoxiumwind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Default [Q] Fullscreen widget?

Rather than have to use multi picture live wallpaper (I hate that bloated app), I'd like to just use zooper to show backgrounds, but is there any way to have them fill the whole thing?

This is using Nova Launcher.

Replying to me? Quote my post so I get a notification please - thanks!
Nexus 5 32gb - SlimKat 4.4.4 Weekly 6.4 [5657] / franco.Kernel - r57 / TWRP v2.7.1.1 Holofied Recovery

herrwinkler
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxiumwind View Post
Rather than have to use multi picture live wallpaper (I hate that bloated app), I'd like to just use zooper to show backgrounds, but is there any way to have them fill the whole thing?

Kind of. Try Themer.

paradoxiumwind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Would really not rather have to install the whole themer suite to be able to do this, there must be a simpler way?

It puzzles me that launchers don't let you set different wallpapers per page as standard, what's up with that??
Nexus 5 32gb - SlimKat 4.4.4 Weekly 6.4 [5657] / franco.Kernel - r57 / TWRP v2.7.1.1 Holofied Recovery

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1999

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

If you have gaps between your Zooper widget and the edges of the screen, change your homescreen grid. Most times even numbered grid like 8X6 seem to work best.
Your main problem for the "whole screen" approach will be the navbar. There is no way to get a widget "behind" it, so your only option would be to hide it via Immersive Mode. This would require root though.

Please use the forums for your Zooper related questions. I won't respond to PMs with questions that can/should be asked there. Thank you.

paradoxiumwind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
I'm working on a fix, but I have another question/gripe: Is there any way to stop zooper from caching the selected image, and keep using the one I selected from the location it is in? It would help a lot with changing an image, copying it over to the phone, then changing the widget to choose the new image rather than the cached one. Very annoying.

paradoxiumwind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Ugh. Feeling frustrated here.

I'm trying to make my backgrounds the full resolution of the phone, 1920x180.

I can't get it to look right like this: (the green background will be changed to grey, it's there to help me adjust it.)

But I'm having to make the files like this:

(In order to get the above image)

What's going on? Why can't I just use a full resolution image?

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1999

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ugh. Feeling frustrated here.

I'm trying to make my backgrounds the full resolution of the phone, 1920x180.

I can't get it to look right like this: (the green background will be changed to grey, it's there to help me adjust it.)

But I'm having to make the files like this:

(In order to get the above image)

What's going on? Why can't I just use a full resolution image?
The resolution you quote is for the full screen of the device but this includes the navbar too. What Android and thus Zooper get as the rendering screeen is your device resolution - navbar (- statusbar if you don't hide it in Nova for instance). So if you have aimage that's the full (device) resolution it won't fill the width of the device because of the different ratios between device resolution and actual rendering resolution.

Please use the forums for your Zooper related questions. I won't respond to PMs with questions that can/should be asked there. Thank you.

paradoxiumwind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Sigh. The solution - so simple. /facepalm

I just set the image as a background across all pages. It's the same on each one, so there was really no need to do all this.

Now if only I could somehow set it without quickpic/novalauncher trying to crop it, when it's the perfect size.

paradoxiumwind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
The fruits of my 3-hour long labour, when the solution was so simple...

Still, I'm wondering if there is any way to stop zooper from caching images and just use the ones in the same location as they are selected.

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1999

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
The fruits of my 3-hour long labour, when the solution was so simple...

Still, I'm wondering if there is any way to stop zooper from caching images and just use the ones in the same location as they are selected.
Looking good! Worth the effort I'd say

And to answer your question: no, there isn't. Zooper always caches images (probably for performance reasons).

The Following User Says Thank You to kwerdenker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]