Unhappy [Q] Jedi root live wallper not working

OP Derailme

5th February 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
New to rooting but successfully got jedi up and running and everything runs flawless....except for live wallpapers. Every time I try to select one I get "unfortunately, live wallpaper picker has stopped". Any help is appreciated. Also running Next 3d launcher if that helps at all. Thanks again.
Last edited by Derailme; 5th February 2014 at 09:03 PM.
7th February 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 119

548 posts
More
If you used Aroma you must select "Live Wallpaper picker" if it's an option, which it should be,
7th February 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #3  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 49

870 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derailme

New to rooting but successfully got jedi up and running and everything runs flawless....except for live wallpapers. Every time I try to select one I get "unfortunately, live wallpaper picker has stopped". Any help is appreciated. Also running Next 3d launcher if that helps at all. Thanks again.

I had the same issue when I was using Jedi.

What launcher are you using?
you need to at TW launcher first and then select the live wallpaper that you like, then switch back to whatever launcher you were using.
7th February 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasitoc

I had the same issue when I was using Jedi.

What launcher are you using?
you need to at TW launcher first and then select the live wallpaper that you like, then switch back to whatever launcher you were using.

This does not work.......... I even did a fresh install of jedi..made sure live wallpaper was selected and i still get the same error......does anyone know a fix for this?????

EDIT::: FIXED ---- went into Jedi Rom Tricks app and selected advanced, wipe dalvik cache and rebooted and whamo it works now. Hope this helps anyone else with the issue.

EDIT 2:: SORTA fixed, in order to change to another live wallpaper i have to clear dalvik cache and reboot everytime.....lol.... i don't understand why this is...but...its a work around kinda.
Last edited by Derailme; 7th February 2014 at 08:55 PM.
8th February 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 334

1,002 posts
I think the Jedi rom has the "elevated sound mod".

That mod is known to mess up the live wallpaper setting.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th February 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
elect fromasch
love this rom.....just this live wallpaper thing is driving me crazy. cant figure out the app not to install to get it to work. arghghgh
15th February 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #7  
Flag Peoples' Republic of Atlanta

3 posts
More
Live Wallpaper Picker crashing for me too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derailme

This does not work.......... I even did a fresh install of jedi..made sure live wallpaper was selected and i still get the same error......does anyone know a fix for this?????

EDIT::: FIXED ---- went into Jedi Rom Tricks app and selected advanced, wipe dalvik cache and rebooted and whamo it works now. Hope this helps anyone else with the issue.

EDIT 2:: SORTA fixed, in order to change to another live wallpaper i have to clear dalvik cache and reboot everytime.....lol.... i don't understand why this is...but...its a work around kinda.

I can't even get it to work with your workaround. Definitely subscribing to this thread in case anyone knows a workaround. As one can see from my posts, I'm a n00b here. If using Jedi, can I switch to TW to make the change temporarily? If so, how, please?
18th February 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in ATL

I can't even get it to work with your workaround. Definitely subscribing to this thread in case anyone knows a workaround. As one can see from my posts, I'm a n00b here. If using Jedi, can I switch to TW to make the change temporarily? If so, how, please?

I gave up...went to the Temasek cm11 rom. I just couldnt stand that i couldnt get live wallpaper to work. other than that i loved it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread