how do i disable Balance notification tone

6th April 2013, 12:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 47

177 posts
More
hello , someone please help me its very annoying .. whrn i text and call someone after text or call a msg appared balance notification . i have upgraded my device today from ics to jelly bean . In ics - was not facing this kind of problem . and now even on silent mode its sounding and getting balance notification sound pkease help me its annoying like hell .
Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda app-developers app
6th April 2013, 08:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag City Of Dreams!!
Thanks Meter: 1,160

958 posts
More
go to setting then user profile theN GENERAL THEN notification then select silent . PROBLEM SOLVED.

DONT FORGET TO HIT thanxxxx
6th April 2013, 09:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 47

177 posts
More
i tried it already but the problem is sound never off even when my device on silent mode .. your solution is helpful .. please some senior member help

Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda premium
8th April 2013, 04:09 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Your Heart, SweetHeart
Thanks Meter: 3,386

1,313 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyrokieasta

i tried it already but the problem is sound never off even when my device on silent mode .. your solution is helpful .. please some senior member help

Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda premium

Download any volume control app from play store and then alter the system sounds....
The USSD command(flash message) sounds are due to system volumes. You can't alter it through settings or engineer mode. So please do that and PM me if it not helps you, but if it helps then see below....

Hit Thanks Instead of Saying It.........
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperDroid-BOND For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2013, 07:32 AM   |  #5  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
More
Block USSD messages
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyrokieasta

hello , someone please help me its very annoying .. whrn i text and call someone after text or call a msg appared balance notification . i have upgraded my device today from ics to jelly bean . In ics - was not facing this kind of problem . and now even on silent mode its sounding and getting balance notification sound pkease help me its annoying like hell .

Download this app from play and write "SMS" or "remaining" in the substring match, you will never get USSD messages with those words...IF you wanna see the blocked messages for knowing balance, to the app and see in the LASt 25 blocked messages log...Hope this helps
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tbalance&hl=en

Hit thanks if helped!
20th January 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #6  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 27

196 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKannadasan

Download this app from play and write "SMS" or "remaining" in the substring match, you will never get USSD messages with those words...IF you wanna see the blocked messages for knowing balance, to the app and see in the LASt 25 blocked messages log...Hope this helps
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tbalance&hl=en

Hit thanks if helped!

after 4.2.2 its not working from the dev it sucks..operator's are not willing to shut it down...can anyone trace the string with a logcat?
20th January 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chennai

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohojmanush

after 4.2.2 its not working from the dev it sucks..operator's are not willing to shut it down...can anyone trace the string with a logcat?

Well, then Try "Xposed framework"
Install the Xposed app, in download section You can see "USSD blocker" module,Use that module, that will work with 4.2.2 i reckon...
Hit thanks if that works
The Following User Says Thank You to DrKannadasan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #8  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 27

196 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKannadasan

Well, then Try "Xposed framework"
Install the Xposed app, in download section You can see "USSD blocker" module,Use that module, that will work with 4.2.2 i reckon...
Hit thanks if that works

will try and update thnx

edit:doesnt work
Last edited by sohojmanush; 20th January 2014 at 09:38 PM.
23rd January 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Simple and funny sollution it worked for me...
When u get ballance message after call ot txt jus reduce the volume instantly by using volume key,you should do it instantly wen u get ussd message...

17th February 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #10  
Flag Chennai

27 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by harish_hellboy

Simple and funny sollution it worked for me...
When u get ballance message after call ot txt jus reduce the volume instantly by using volume key,you should do it instantly wen u get ussd message...

That reduces the media volume, thats y the USSD messages get muted,
Thats a temporary solution tough.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohojmanush

will try and update thnx

edit:doesnt work

Google changed the API for USSD, thats y USSD blocker or the Xposed module doesnt work in 4.2.2.
I'm sick of airtel pop ups too
Only solution is:
*Temporary- reduce media volume to 0
*Somewhat permanent- Make the default notification as "Silent" in Audio settings and keep the desired notification in the desired apps, say Whatsapp, Messaging, etc

Hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to DrKannadasan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread