Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] stuck in recovery

OP jesus-pd

16th February 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
hi, i bought used and "broken" htc one x, previous owner said it has bad battery and ROM because it swich on and after 10s restart in infinity loop. So i replace the battery and yesterday it swich on only in recovery mode and i dont know what to do. I thnik battery have still small capacity, maybe it is another hardware issue. Today it shows only black screen and when i want turn it off the bottom "buttons" flash three times.
16th February 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #2  
lukes91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 1,128
 
1,967 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus-pd

hi, i bought used and "broken" htc one x, previous owner said it has bad battery and ROM because it swich on and after 10s restart in infinity loop. So i replace the battery and yesterday it swich on only in recovery mode and i dont know what to do. I thnik battery have still small capacity, maybe it is another hardware issue. Today it shows only black screen and when i want turn it off the bottom "buttons" flash three times.

have you tried to flash another recovery? try Philz one (the best version depends on the rom you want to try), connect to pc, mount usb as storage, copy a rom on the phone and flash it if it is bootloop maybe it's a bad kernel flash or a missing kernel flashing process
16th February 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
im not an expert or something but...how can i mount usb storage and copy rom when it won´t turn on?
16th February 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #4  
lukes91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 1,128
 
1,967 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus-pd

im not an expert or something but...how can i mount usb storage and copy rom when it won´t turn on?

no, if it's off you can't, but as buttons blink three times, maybe you can enter fastboot and so you can try to update recovery...
sorry, mine are only guesses as i've never faced such a condition, but if you can enter fastboot maybe you can recover the device
The Following User Says Thank You to lukes91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
now it again turn on in recovery (if it is even recovery, i really dont know ). It shows this screen and i really know what to do, can you write it step by step? or post some link?
16th February 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #6  
lukes91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 1,128
 
1,967 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
it's not recovery, it's fastboot
do this way: try to download again the unlock.bin from htcdev.com if you haven't got it, unlock the bootloader and flash the recovery i told you before, then enter recovery, connect to pc and select mount usb storage... then copy a rom zip on phone, reboot to bootloader and flash rom kernel, enter again recovery, wipe everything to flash a new rom and flash the zip.. you should be fine
search this threads for guides, there are many and i can't give you all the links
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2069904
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50374931
please fell free to ask me if you have any question/issue
p.s. before unlocking the bootloader again, update hboot to at least 1.39.0000
16th February 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,882
 
14,436 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukes91

it's not recovery, it's fastboot
do this way: try to download again the unlock.bin from htcdev.com if you haven't got it, unlock the bootloader and flash the recovery i told you before, then enter recovery, connect to pc and select mount usb storage... then copy a rom zip on phone, reboot to bootloader and flash rom kernel, enter again recovery, wipe everything to flash a new rom and flash the zip.. you should be fine
search this threads for guides, there are many and i can't give you all the links
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2069904
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50374931
please fell free to ask me if you have any question/issue
p.s. before unlocking the bootloader again, update hboot to at least 1.39.0000

better idea is to keep it locked and get a ruu for him, you only need his main number :

fastboot getvar version-main
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #8  
lukes91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 1,128
 
1,967 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

better idea is to keep it locked and get a ruu for him, you only need his main number :

fastboot getvar version-main

you're right Mr Hofs, but i really don't like stock rom and i've never used a RUU, so i fear i would have given wrong infos
anyway your way is the easiest one
16th February 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #9  
myheroduane's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 94
 
400 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Maybe he flashed the recovery as a kernel, so when he installs ROM and reboots it just boots recovery again.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th February 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,882
 
14,436 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
i hope not.....but all methods work, just thinking along

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes