Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Gametel controller

OP xaboren

7th March 2012, 06:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Hey everybody!

I just wanted to ask, if anybody else got a gametel controller and if you also had any problems with it.
Mine shipped in this morning, so I tried it out - now here is some information first on what you might not know about it so far (and what I have found out over the last couple hours)

  • Pairing is really easy, once you turned it on, the gametel app finds the controller, connects, and asks you to change your inpud method. That is all there is to do
  • There are 5 options on how to use the controller
1) as a xperia play
2) as an android controller (whatever that is supposed to mean, still have not figured it out)
3) with just letters from a to l
4) with just letters from m to x
5) with just numbers
Now what everybody in the reviews said, was that essentially you could use the controller with any app, that supports keypad input or works with the xperia play. Which is exactly my problem, so far that did not work for me at all! I have tried it with all 5 different kinds of gameboy emulator apps and have gotten some response, but it never worked, because the controlles were recognised as the standart android buttons like search, or just marked as unknown and even if they were recognised as letters, they still wouldn't work in the games.

I do not know, if I just did something wrong, or if those apps just didn't work with it.

Ps: I am sorry for any mispellings and wrong section or anything like that. After all it is my first thread
7th March 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
something I forgot,
when I choose to set the controlles as numbers or letters and then just write somewhere - the correct letters/numbers do appear, so I guess it is the apps fault, that it doesn't work for me. Anyway gonna keep trying.
19th August 2012, 07:57 AM   |  #3  
pachi72's Avatar
Senior Member
Miami
Thanks Meter: 103
 
917 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Donate to Me
More
Having problems with this...On emulation is get stuck in one direction. You having the same problems?
19th August 2012, 09:57 AM   |  #4  
dragontology's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 240
 
936 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Well, I don't have one, but it's essentially a Bluetooth keyboard. "Android controller" sounds like they expect some games/apps to support it natively and you would use that.

In Xperia Play mode, I imagine it just sends the same signals the Xperia Play does (or rather, the app does). If the emulator supports Xperia Play, it should work.

I just found the Gametel on Amazon for $50. Is that what you paid? Because you can get a genuine Sony PS3 controller in black for $40 (Newegg) and use that with the $2 Sixaxis app, and it works with the PS3, and your computer if it has Bluetooth. Or if you know your phone supports it, you can get a USB On The Go cable for under a buck on Amazon and then use any wired USB controller, including the wired Xbox 360 controller ($30 shipped on Amazon, also black). Much less if you're a console gamer and already have either controller.
19th August 2012, 07:50 PM   |  #5  
pachi72's Avatar
Senior Member
Miami
Thanks Meter: 103
 
917 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Reality

Well, I don't have one, but it's essentially a Bluetooth keyboard. "Android controller" sounds like they expect some games/apps to support it natively and you would use that.

In Xperia Play mode, I imagine it just sends the same signals the Xperia Play does (or rather, the app does). If the emulator supports Xperia Play, it should work.

I just found the Gametel on Amazon for $50. Is that what you paid? Because you can get a genuine Sony PS3 controller in black for $40 (Newegg) and use that with the $2 Sixaxis app, and it works with the PS3, and your computer if it has Bluetooth. Or if you know your phone supports it, you can get a USB On The Go cable for under a buck on Amazon and then use any wired USB controller, including the wired Xbox 360 controller ($30 shipped on Amazon, also black). Much less if you're a console gamer and already have either controller.

But with a playstation 3 controller everything works fine
27th August 2012, 06:51 PM   |  #6  
yekasangredevago's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Venado Tuerto
Thanks Meter: 203
 
491 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
hello friends .. so I'm from Argentina and I wonder if it will be released in my country because i was wondering and I can not get it anywhere ... I hope your response
27th August 2012, 08:44 PM   |  #7  
pachi72's Avatar
Senior Member
Miami
Thanks Meter: 103
 
917 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yekasangredevago

hello friends .. so I'm from Argentina and I wonder if it will be released in my country because i was wondering and I can not get it anywhere ... I hope your response

You can get it on ebay. I am sure they ship to where you live.
5th September 2012, 11:20 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to xaboren's issue with the Gametel. I just received mine yesterday and am having the exact same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Russ
4th October 2012, 12:32 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
In many emulators you need to activate "InputMethod". For all the emulators developed by Yongzh (Snesoid, N64oid, Gameboid, etc) go to "Settings" -> "Other Settings" and tick the "Use input method" box.
Please also note that Gametel works like a software keyboard, so you should NOT use anything called "Bluetooth Gamepad":
  • In Yongzh emulators you should use "Input settings" -> "Key mappings".
  • In the FPse case you setup the keys in "Gamepad" -> "Assign HW buttons".

/Andreas

Quote:
Originally Posted by russifer

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to xaboren's issue with the Gametel. I just received mine yesterday and am having the exact same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Russ

19th February 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 221
 
1,250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
before i updated the firmware it all worked fine but now the keymappings foy the bottom and right buttons dont work with the snesdroid emulator and i have no idea what else i could keymap them to (before, game pad x and y worked perfectkly but now they have no response)

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

How would I revert it back to OOTB firmware?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes