Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Proximity sensor isn't working properly

15th February 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

448 posts
I'm 100% stock. Android: 4.4, Sense: 5.5. Software number: 4.06.1540.3.

During the call either the screen remain on -no matter how I cover the proximity sensor, or it remain off -even if the phone in my hands. I tried using the "Calibrate G Sensor" option, it works sometimes for one call and then back again.

How can I fix this? I remember using an app years ago with an old phone that had better calibration and it worked.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!
15th February 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,117

2,889 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Shaaban

I'm 100% stock. Android: 4.4, Sense: 5.5. Software number: 4.06.1540.3.

During the call either the screen remain on -no matter how I cover the proximity sensor, or it remain off -even if the phone in my hands. I tried using the "Calibrate G Sensor" option, it works sometimes for one call and then back again.

How can I fix this? I remember using an app years ago with an old phone that had better calibration and it worked.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

Did you tested the sensor with the HTC Function test program? (dial *#*#3424#*#*) and confirm if its an hardware or software issue.

Btw you didn't updated your phone to 4.06.1540.4?
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

448 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

Did you tested the sensor with the HTC Function test program? (dial *#*#3424#*#*) and confirm if its an hardware or software issue.

Btw you didn't updated your phone to 4.06.1540.4?

HTC function test says no hardware problem. Any other ideas to try?

I didn't receive such update. I'm on Dev Edition. Is it 4.4.4 update included? Could you please share the update download link?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th February 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

448 posts
@alray
I just received the update notification now, and downloading it as we speak. Could you please provide me with the update URL? I like to keep the update.zip to my computer and I also like to extract recovery.img from it. As usual thanks a lot for your help @alray

Also for future reference, how to do I save the OTA update.zip that's being downloaded? Is there a way to grab the OTA update.zip URL to share? It was possible on my old Galaxy Nexus -I don't really remember how.

Any news on what's new with this update?
Last edited by M_Shaaban; 16th February 2014 at 12:02 PM.
16th February 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #5  
Flag Montreal

2,889 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@alray
I just received the update notification now, and downloading it as we speak. Could you please provide me with the update URL? I like to keep the update.zip to my computer and I also like to extract recovery.img from it. As usual thanks a lot for your help @alray

Also for future reference, how to do I save the OTA update.zip that's being downloaded? Is there a way to grab the OTA update.zip URL to share? It was possible on my old Galaxy Nexus -I don't really remember how.

Any news on what's new with this update?

unfortunately I don't have a download link for the file. You can pull the ota file from /sdcard/download irc, not sure.

The update brings android 4.4.2, cloud printing, some bluetooth enhancements, patched the SMS DOS vulnerability and removed flash player support.
16th February 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

448 posts
Quote:

unfortunately I don't have a download link for the file. You can pull the ota file from /sdcard/download irc, not sure.

The update brings android 4.4.2, cloud printing, some bluetooth enhancements, patched the SMS DOS vulnerability and removed flash player support.

I checked but it's not there. Do you have happen to have the recovery.img? I've already rooted and now I want to flash the stock recovery
Last edited by M_Shaaban; 16th February 2014 at 05:00 PM.
16th February 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #7  
Flag Montreal

2,889 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I checked but it's not there. Do you have happen to have the recovery.img? I've already rooted and now I want to flash the stock recovery

No I don't have it, but the stock recovery from the previous version should be fine.
16th February 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

448 posts
Quote:

No I don't have it, but the stock recovery from the previous version should be fine.

Ah thanks, I shall flash that then
17th February 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

448 posts
Quote:

Are you experiencing any of the bugs that have been mentioned here on the forum?
17th February 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #10  
Flag Montreal

2,889 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Are you experiencing any of the bugs that have been mentioned here on the forum?

no. Maybe you should make a backup and factory reset or restore from the ruu you have converted your phone before and see if your issue is gone.?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread