Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 50,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Really annoying issue with Google account sign in.

Tip us?

Prophet16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] Really annoying issue with Google account sign in.

So I've been having this strange problem and I am convinced there is no simple solution. Every time I wipe date and install a rom, I try to sign in to the Google account during setup, and I keep getting an error saying that there was a problem communicating with Google servers. I've done a factory reset, formatted everything, tried different RUUs, and nothing seems to work. I just can't sign in on a Sense 5.5 rom. So now I want to clear the phone completely, because there must be something that no form of wiping is touching. A stock RUU can't solve the problem and I don't know what can. I even tried using LTE instead of WiFi and still no luck. Does anyone have any clue about this?
Samsung Eternity > Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 > HTC One M7

donkeykong1
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet16 View Post
So I've been having this strange problem and I am convinced there is no simple solution. Every time I wipe date and install a rom, I try to sign in to the Google account during setup, and I keep getting an error saying that there was a problem communicating with Google servers. I've done a factory reset, formatted everything, tried different RUUs, and nothing seems to work. I just can't sign in on a Sense 5.5 rom. So now I want to clear the phone completely, because there must be something that no form of wiping is touching. A stock RUU can't solve the problem and I don't know what can. I even tried using LTE instead of WiFi and still no luck. Does anyone have any clue about this?
I had the same thing. My solution was wipe everyithing except data and internal memory. After that no more errors

Prophet16
Old
(Last edited by Prophet16; 17th February 2014 at 06:25 PM.) Reason: Update
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong1 View Post
I had the same thing. My solution was wipe everyithing except data and internal memory. After that no more errors
But I have wiped everything including internal storage and used usb-otg to install roms. Nothing works. Are you sure that will fix this?

EDIT: Can confirm that your recommendation doesn't work for me. I decided to flash a different rom (InsertCoin) and in this one I can sign in, but it won't sync, it just keeps saying "Google Sync error."

donkeykong1
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Quote:
But I have wiped everything including internal storage and used usb-otg to install roms. Nothing works. Are you sure that will fix this?
It did the trick for me. Also, I mount system in recovery before doing anything. I'm pretty new to this phone and never used any recovery except 4ext on my Desire and Evo so I can't be 100% sure, leaving data did the trick for me

Prophet16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
I've tried a few new things so far. I used the mkfs.ext4 file to format the data partition as I think that's where the source of the issue lies. But I also used fastboot to format system. If this doesn't work then I don't know what else to to. I might be forced to run a GPe rom or some other android rom. I just strongly prefer sense.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 876

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I've tried a few new things so far. I used the mkfs.ext4 file to format the data partition as I think that's where the source of the issue lies. But I also used fastboot to format system. If this doesn't work then I don't know what else to to. I might be forced to run a GPe rom or some other android rom. I just strongly prefer sense.
whats happens if you start a new account
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

Prophet16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
It won't work. I tried typing in random letters in to the user name and password box but it doesn't even try to connect.

Prophet16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Well I've got bad news. I managed to hard brick my device, so this issues I was having is not an issue for me anymore. But if anyone can help find a solution that would be appreciated as I'm sure someone else might be facing the same problem.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Define hard brick

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 876

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
Define hard brick
Hard Brick = Phone that has been thrown on the floor and crushed with a very large rock.
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

Tags
error, google, sign in