FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Unhappy HTC One - Couldn't Install on USB Storage or SD Card

17th April 2013, 07:17 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi there!

I received my HTC One two days ago and I am unable to install any PAID apps on the phone. I am able to install free apps without an issue though.

I have searched all over the internet and found two possible solutions, which don't work. These solutions were:
  • Unmount the SD card. Install app, remount the SD card. This won't work as the HTC One does not have an SD card
  • In the secure/asec folder, find and delete "smdl2tmp1.asec". Although I found the folder, it was empty and therefore I was unable to delete the file.

I have also completely wiped my phone twice already. I checked the Kernel and Firmware version and it's all up to date. Below are screenshots of the device info.

Finally, I also realized, only after I paid for the device, it's a Dev device. I don't know if this makes any difference though.

The bootloader is unlocked and the device has been rooted. I have full access over the file system.

18th April 2013, 04:41 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ~/android
Thanks Meter: 13,815

Donate to Me
More
Make a nandroid and flash another rom to see if that fixes it.
19th April 2013, 07:06 AM |#3  
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 1,717

Donate to Me
More
You're using an old custom ROM! Flash any new ROM of your choice from the dev section and it should fix the problem. The issue is within the kernel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanBotha

Hi there!

I received my HTC One two days ago and I am unable to install any PAID apps on the phone. I am able to install free apps without an issue though.

I have searched all over the internet and found two possible solutions, which don't work. These solutions were:

• Unmount the SD card. Install app, remount the SD card. This won't work as the HTC One does not have an SD card
  • In the secure/asec folder, find and delete "smdl2tmp1.asec". Although I found the folder, it was empty and therefore I was unable to delete the file.

I have also completely wiped my phone twice already. I checked the Kernel and Firmware version and it's all up to date. Below are screenshots of the device info.

Finally, I also realized, only after I paid for the device, it's a Dev device. I don't know if this makes any difference though.

The bootloader is unlocked and the device has been rooted. I have full access over the file system.

18th December 2013, 04:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

I'm having a similar problem to the OP. I have a GPE HTC One which is rooted and S-Off. I just updated the software from 4.4 to 4.4.2, at which point the inability to update or install paid apps appeared. As in the original post, I can't find the smdl2tmp1.asec. In fact, my entire mnt/secure folder is empty, as is mnt/asec. I also don't have a .android_secure folder, as has been mentioned in other posts. If I restore to a previous backup running 4.4, everything works fine. The issue is only with installs or updates from the Play Store, because I am able to install the apps from my Titanium backups just fine, but when I do, I get the same error message when I try to update them.

Thanks
19th December 2013, 09:46 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman1984

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem to the OP. I have a GPE HTC One which is rooted and S-Off. I just updated the software from 4.4 to 4.4.2, at which point the inability to update or install paid apps appeared. As in the original post, I can't find the smdl2tmp1.asec. In fact, my entire mnt/secure folder is empty, as is mnt/asec. I also don't have a .android_secure folder, as has been mentioned in other posts. If I restore to a previous backup running 4.4, everything works fine. The issue is only with installs or updates from the Play Store, because I am able to install the apps from my Titanium backups just fine, but when I do, I get the same error message when I try to update them.

Thanks

Hi,
I have this exact same issue. Nothing in secure folder etc. From 4.4 to 4.4.2 via OTA.
19th December 2013, 02:57 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman1984

Hi,

Thanks

The only fix for this is to install Android Revolution ROM. At least, that's the only way I could fix mine
19th December 2013, 03:56 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,087

More
You should always use stock recovery for OTA updates. This problem is probably due to applying the OTA with a custom recovery.
19th December 2013, 04:51 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

You should always use stock recovery for OTA updates. This problem is probably due to applying the OTA with a custom recovery.

That's unfortunate, since I like twrp. To reinstall stock recovery, do I just flash the image like I did with twrp?
19th December 2013, 05:10 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,087

More
Yes. You can put TWRP back on after the OTA is on.
20th December 2013, 03:06 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

Yes. You can put TWRP back on after the OTA is on.

Thanks, that did the trick. Going back and forth between recoveries like that is a little annoying, but fortunately it's relatively quick, so it's not horrible.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread