[Q] Unable to boot out of TWRP

OP greymonk

15th February 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
I was attempting to install a ROM on my Transformer TF300T and I've apparently done something severe to it.

Right now I have TWRP 2.6.3.0 on it. I've apparently broken the /data, /cache, and internal storage, they're all unable to mount now. I cannot user the PWR and VOL DOWN buttons to get to fastboot anymore, it just ignores the fact that i'm holding those buttons down and only boots into TWRP. I can't choose the ADB Sideload option in TWP, it fails because of the broken partitions. I am able to connect to it in adb from my desktop, and I can push files to it, but I haven't been able to find anything that lets me fix the partitions or fastboot.

I can provide any other info necessary, but I have no idea what further to do with it.
15th February 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 380

1,091 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greymonk

I was attempting to install a ROM on my Transformer TF300T and I've apparently done something severe to it.

Right now I have TWRP 2.6.3.0 on it. I've apparently broken the /data, /cache, and internal storage, they're all unable to mount now. I cannot user the PWR and VOL DOWN buttons to get to fastboot anymore, it just ignores the fact that i'm holding those buttons down and only boots into TWRP. I can't choose the ADB Sideload option in TWP, it fails because of the broken partitions. I am able to connect to it in adb from my desktop, and I can push files to it, but I haven't been able to find anything that lets me fix the partitions or fastboot.

I can provide any other info necessary, but I have no idea what further to do with it.

Try using fastboot as soon as the Tablet boots into the loading screen of TWRP. That worked for some people.
16th February 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2

Try using fastboot as soon as the Tablet boots into the loading screen of TWRP. That worked for some people.

I tried this, fastboot doesn't seem to see it.

I also tried pushing an earlier blob of TWRP, 2.5, just to see if the if it would do that much. It doesn't seem to work. It still has 2.6.3.0 installed, even though it looked like it was responding properly.

Code:
C:\android_sdk\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
~ # ←[6ndd if=/sdcard/twrp.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
dd if=/sdcard/twrp.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
12896+1 records in
12896+1 records out
6602856 bytes (6.3MB) copied, 0.091592 seconds, 68.8MB/s
~ # ←[6n
It also has the weird ~ # ←[6n as a prompt in the adb shell.
16th February 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 301

343 posts
Type adb reboot bootloader

Sent from my GS3 on Carbon KK using Tapatalk 4
16th February 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebildude123

Type adb reboot bootloader

That worked. I just need to, presumably, rebuild the /data and /cache partitions, I assume?
16th February 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Well, I think I've completely killed it now. I think I had originally put the wrong TWRP onto it. I tried pushing the correct one to it with fastboot, and now it will either 1) do an infinite boot loop, or 2) boot to the fastboot screen but 'fastboot devices' does not see it. I can't see what else I can do with it at this point.
16th February 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,572

1,947 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greymonk

Well, I think I've completely killed it now. I think I had originally put the wrong TWRP onto it. I tried pushing the correct one to it with fastboot, and now it will either 1) do an infinite boot loop, or 2) boot to the fastboot screen but 'fastboot devices' does not see it. I can't see what else I can do with it at this point.

Shoot me an email at jl52741@gmail.com we can continue there... Thx lj
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

Shoot me an email at jl52741@gmail.com we can continue there... Thx lj

Dude, thanks again. I really can't thank you enough for resurrecting this thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to greymonk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread