[APP][2.1+] Javelin Browser - Adblock, Reading mode, VPN, Single-Gesture navigation..
It is my opinion that mobile browsers on Android suck because most of them are focused on feature count over ACTUAL mobile usability -- With most mobile browsers to be just a desktop browser squeezed into a small screen.
So I built Javelin Browser
, extending from the very great code-base of Lightning Browser. Like Lightning Browser, Javelin is light-weight, and super-fast.
But that is nowhere enough. To get the mobile part right, here’s what I did.
Download now: Search for Javelin Browser on Google Play
- MINIMAL DESIGN to be minimalistic, intuitive, and beautiful.
- ADDED ADBLOCK natively, using the implementation of Adblock Plus with Easylist.
- ONE-TOUCH gesture per action
- READ EASILY with a reading mode just like Pocket app, Instapaper, Readability, etc.
Google+ Community for Beta releases: Javelin Browser Development on G+
Official Website: JavelinBrowser.com
My email address: email@example.com
Click here for more images
This is an on-going project. As of April 2014, this is my second month into this. I’m commited to the Javelin project for at least the next 2 years. Let me know what you think!
- Fully featured Omnibox (It'll resemble that more of Firefox rather than Chrome - The suggestions will will lean slightly towards web-history/bookmarks over than web-search)
- Bookmarks.. Chrome Bookmarks import for one. (I personally want this)
In the pipeline:
* Javelin on Android Wear
* Link Bubble: Oh man, I love the idea. But it is really just chatheads + preloading of URLs and showing an overlay of a webview. It lacks a full browser backend. So yes. I plan to implement some sort of Chathead + Preloading feature in the very near future.
Addendum (full disclosure):
- Javelin is a forked project of Lightning Browser, under Apache License 2.0. Here's the link to the repo: https://github.com/anthonycr/Lightning-Browser
- As is with the app permissions, the app does register your email addresses to identify you as a user, and from time-to-time, you might receive a newsletter that you can opt-out anytime.