Info

[L1-II,L3-II,L4-II,L5-II] Source Codes Released

7th October 2013, 02:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 88

143 posts
More
I'm not a developer and i've just arrived into the LG world with the new LG L4-II, a slightly smaller and cheaper version of the L5-II, but with exactly the same base hardware.
I have already rooted it using the tutorial here, available for the L5-II, but i've yet to see any ROM development for this new line of devices, so i decided to share a link with the community that shows that the full Source Code for these devices has already been released by LG.
I hope it will be useful for the developers, so that some day in the near future we see some custom Roms for these new devices.

https://www.lg.com/global/support/op...Id=CAT00000002

Cheers to all.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JBolho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2013, 02:04 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
Thank you about the link and the information. I do hope someone takes the second generation ( II ) of the L models seriously. Almost no one is working which makes most of us sad

Could you be so kind to give me a link to the rooting tutorial? And may be the steps you've followed? Because I want to root my phone too.

Thanks and cheers to all guys who share useful info and modded roms with us!
The Following User Says Thank You to mutha88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2013, 06:43 AM   |  #3  
Flag dallas
Thanks Meter: 20

169 posts
More
thanks for this man. it helps a lot
13th February 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #4  
Flag Rousse
Thanks Meter: 18

102 posts
More
Exclamation BL unlock needed!
This is kind of useless, untill we get bootloader unlock. I've managed to build recovery.img for MT6575 chipset with some tools and also flashed it to E440, but bootloader is blocking the recovery boot due to security reasons, but boots in normal mode(Android)... i can share recovery.img if someone need it.

Update: I have boot.img and bootloader image, too - everithing except /system and /data
Added: Ops... My bad. now I think it is kernel related security check, will take a look at the kernel source and try again. I'm not a DEV, just playing.
Last edited by nasko_spasko; 13th February 2014 at 11:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nasko_spasko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #5  
Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 246

372 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasko_spasko

This is kind of useless, untill we get bootloader unlock. I've managed to build recovery.img for MT6575 chipset with some tools and also flashed it to E440, but bootloader is blocking the recovery boot due to security reasons, but boots in normal mode(Android)... i can share recovery.img if someone need it.

Update: I have boot.img and bootloader image, too - everithing except /system and /data
Added: Ops... My bad. now I think it is kernel related security check, will take a look at the kernel source and try again. I'm not a DEV, just playing.

you will be king if you get this right. I am wanting to unlock my bootloader for the l5 II as well. if you get this right please share with us the method of how you do it.
15th February 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 6

34 posts
Thanks this is very helpful, I wanted to start development anyway
22nd February 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBolho

I'm not a developer and i've just arrived into the LG world with the new LG L4-II, a slightly smaller and cheaper version of the L5-II, but with exactly the same base hardware.
I have already rooted it using the tutorial here, available for the L5-II, but i've yet to see any ROM development for this new line of devices, so i decided to share a link with the community that shows that the full Source Code for these devices has already been released by LG.
I hope it will be useful for the developers, so that some day in the near future we see some custom Roms for these new devices.

https://www.lg.com/global/support/op...Id=CAT00000002

Cheers to all.

Thank You

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
l3 ii, l4 ii, l5 ii, source code
Previous Thread Next Thread