Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Superuser Access Lost !!! & Device not getting recognized on Laptop !!!

Tip us?

AmythP
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Exclamation [Q] Superuser Access Lost !!! & Device not getting recognized on Laptop !!!

Requesting you to help me as i had flashed SuperluminalDad Rom 2 days back on my friend's Micromax A116 HD.
Everything was working fine gained superuser access after updating binary and also was able to run root applications, just 2 days later i tried to connect my device to my laptop running Windows 8.1, it shows:
"The last USB device you connected malfunctioned and windows cannot recognize it", so i restarted the phone but superuser access was lost as SU binary couldnt be installed.
Troubleshooting Already Done:
1- Restarted phone and Laptop
2- Re-installed drivers on laptop still couldn't recognize and also tried re-installing SU bin and superuser from CWM after disabling the superuser apk on-board.
3- Flashed the complete Rom once again from CWM but still laptop couldn't recognize neither root access gained.

WalkerBales
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmythP View Post
Requesting you to help me as i had flashed SuperluminalDad Rom 2 days back on my friend's Micromax A116 HD.
Everything was working fine gained superuser access after updating binary and also was able to run root applications, just 2 days later i tried to connect my device to my laptop running Windows 8.1, it shows:
"The last USB device you connected malfunctioned and windows cannot recognize it", so i restarted the phone but superuser access was lost as SU binary couldnt be installed.
Troubleshooting Already Done:
1- Restarted phone and Laptop
2- Re-installed drivers on laptop still couldn't recognize and also tried re-installing SU bin and superuser from CWM after disabling the superuser apk on-board.
3- Flashed the complete Rom once again from CWM but still laptop couldn't recognize neither root access gained.
Try flashing Stock ROM via SP Tools !!

Sent from my SGT 7 running Omni ROM Official Kitkat Nightlies

blackbeard
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Try fix permission in cwm. If it doesn't help, post the question in the ROM thread. The developer would be able to help you more

PROBABLY RETIRING FROM XDA

http://www.syntaxsofts.com

AmythP
Old
(Last edited by AmythP; 18th February 2014 at 06:33 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaketJoshi View Post
Try fix permission in cwm. If it doesn't help, post the question in the ROM thread. The developer would be able to help you more

hi Saket, tried fixing permissions in CWM still not working...also cannot flash Stock rom as device is not getting detected on PC.

WalkerBales
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
hi Saket, tried fixing permissions in CWM still not working...also cannot flash Stock rom as device is not getting detected on PC.
Have you installed proper drivers ??

blackbeard
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Woah. Wait a min, you said win8 right? Turn off driver signature verification and install the drivers again. It'll work

The Following User Says Thank You to blackbeard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AmythP
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Woah. Wait a min, you said win8 right? Turn off driver signature verification and install the drivers again. It'll work
Saket- i have done uninstalling the USB drivers from device manager and rebooting the laptop still showing USB malfunctioned.

WalkerBales
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Saket- i have done uninstalling the USB drivers from device manager and rebooting the laptop still showing USB malfunctioned.
Try Using a Windows 7 or XP PC/Laptop !!

blackbeard
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
that's not what I a telling you to do...

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-...igned-drivers/

Follow this link and you will know what to do

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerBales View Post
Try Using a Windows 7 or XP PC/Laptop !!

changing the computer isn't the answer. there's always a walkthrough bro... just need to search for it

The Following User Says Thank You to blackbeard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MatrixGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
that's not what I a telling you to do...

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-...igned-drivers/

Follow this link and you will know what to do

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

changing the computer isn't the answer. there's always a walkthrough bro... just need to search for it
Agreed.... :thumbup:

Sent from my A116 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app