Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 52,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] NEED urgent help. Stuck at Sony Ericsson Logo

Tip us?

CypherX418
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] NEED urgent help. Stuck at Sony Ericsson Logo

Hi, I root my xperia play (verizon version) just fine and has been using custom ROM for a while and it all works great. but then I wanted to try a different ROM and so I install NexPlay ROM via recovery menu. The installation process was fine and it went through but when the phone is rebooted it just stucks at the sony ericssons logo and won't go anywhere, I can't turn off the phone or anything and i can't get back into recovery mode. Please help. I need this back to working fast!

Bakisha
Old
Thanks Meter 472
Flash stock ftf with flashtool or use pc companion to restore phone

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

CypherX418
Old
(Last edited by CypherX418; 18th February 2014 at 12:44 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
PC companion don't work for me. It keeps saying it can't find any updates. and I can't find a working link for flashtool. all links i found are broken...

Bakisha
Old
Thanks Meter 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherX418 View Post
PC companion don't work for me. It keeps saying it can't find any updates. and I can't find a working link for flashtool. all links i found are broken...
If you unlocked your bootloader, use emma instead of pc companion
http://developer.sonymobile.com/serv...he-flash-tool/

Flashtool is at flashtool.net

For ftf file you'll have to search, i have r800i model and i don't know wich ftf is for your r800x

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

genetic608
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Stock ftf for r800x can be found here http://www.xperiagamer.com/Stock-Rom...flashtool.html

If you're on windows 8 you might need to manually install fastboot drivers.
Xperia Play R800x rooted, unlocked running Super Jelly Bean with LuPuS v13
Nexus 7 rooted and unlocked on stock 4.4.2

WhiteWashed
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Hi, I root my xperia play (verizon version) just fine and has been using custom ROM for a while and it all works great. but then I wanted to try a different ROM and so I install NexPlay ROM via recovery menu. The installation process was fine and it went through but when the phone is rebooted it just stucks at the sony ericssons logo and won't go anywhere, I can't turn off the phone or anything and i can't get back into recovery mode. Please help. I need this back to working fast!
For a better support you should tell us which kernel are you using, and which ROM you were using before flashing NeXPLay.
If you just made the mistake of installing NeXPay (ICs ROM) on a GB kernel, then you don't need to reset everything with flashtool.

CypherX418
Old
(Last edited by CypherX418; 18th February 2014 at 11:53 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks but i just flashed my verizon rom with flashtool and that seems to get me back...

now which custom firmware/rom is the best for R800x?

WhiteWashed
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
thanks but i just flashed my verizon rom with flashtool and that seems to get me back...

now which custom firmware/rom is the best for R800x?
Depends on how you use your phone. If you are a gamer then you should try a LuPuS kernel and a Gingerbread ROM but if you don't care about gaming then you can try a ICs ROM and which kernel you prefer.
If you need some in choosing one of the many ICs/GB ROMs, just ask