No registration required

Tablet [Q] Karbonn Smart Tab 7 Help in stock rom backup

OP ankitstr

19th June 2013, 07:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi All

I recently bought a ST7 but was disappointed to see no compatible recovery or custom roms for it.

A LITTLE HISTORY:
I did find a Crystal_Root.zip on the net which installed the SU on my tab.
But I couldn't change any CPU settings via the kernel tuner or the rom toolbox (they were buggy and acting up) and it corrupted my system in the end after I modified build.prop to add the windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec.

I triple checked the property name and value in rom toolbox, it asked for a reboot when I tried to save the changes and it got stuck at the boot animation screen.

I had to take it to the customer care to get it fixed (which wasn't very pleasant, had to wait there for 4 hours to get it done).

NOW, THE IMPORTANT BIT:
Is there a way to backup my stock rom and put it in a update.zip or such so I could flash it back on if I have a similar situation in future?
I did try: adb pull / and copied the files over to my pc (but not sure about the updater-script part or do I not need it?)

To an experienced developer, a twrp or clockworkmod port for ST7 would be great and much appreciated. I know there is one for ST8 and 10 but none for ST7?

Maybe asking for too much, a custom rom port of jelly bean for ST7?

P.S. it is my first post here. So please be kind.
18th February 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

83 posts
Question Any help with Andriod Upgrade?
I too have been looking out for custom rom or atleast upgrade to Android 4.1 or 4.2 for the Karbonn Smart Tab 7 (ST7).

Has anyone been able to upgrade? Because lots of issues with stock ROM. I keep getting message that no SD Card found even though the SD card is present and detected by the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitstr

Hi All

I recently bought a ST7 but was disappointed to see no compatible recovery or custom roms for it.

A LITTLE HISTORY:
I did find a Crystal_Root.zip on the net which installed the SU on my tab.
But I couldn't change any CPU settings via the kernel tuner or the rom toolbox (they were buggy and acting up) and it corrupted my system in the end after I modified build.prop to add the windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec.

I triple checked the property name and value in rom toolbox, it asked for a reboot when I tried to save the changes and it got stuck at the boot animation screen.

I had to take it to the customer care to get it fixed (which wasn't very pleasant, had to wait there for 4 hours to get it done).

NOW, THE IMPORTANT BIT:
Is there a way to backup my stock rom and put it in a update.zip or such so I could flash it back on if I have a similar situation in future?
I did try: adb pull / and copied the files over to my pc (but not sure about the updater-script part or do I not need it?)

To an experienced developer, a twrp or clockworkmod port for ST7 would be great and much appreciated. I know there is one for ST8 and 10 but none for ST7?

Maybe asking for too much, a custom rom port of jelly bean for ST7?

P.S. it is my first post here. So please be kind.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread