Unhappy Trying to root P930 from Bell and failing miserably :(

OP angelus360

26th December 2013, 07:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
Hi!

I've been trying to root the LG P930 from Bell for the last couple of days, and I've tried essentially all the guides and nothing works
It's running 4.0.4 and s/w version is LG-P930-V20e-Jul-22-2012.

I'm at wits end now, trying to root it!

I tried the latest Framaroot, it didn't work, I also tried the "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v33" method, and that kept getting an error along the lines as "couldn't find ric" folder. Another common one I tried, where I had to copy "LG_SystemBackupTest.apk" and then reboot, etc kept getting an error where it was permission denied copying superuser and busybox.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can try??

Thanks!
26th December 2013, 04:08 PM   |  #2  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 632

2,746 posts
More
Did you try Matman's unbricking guide? I don't think there is any way to root unless you go through the unbrick process.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th December 2013, 06:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Did you try Matman's unbricking guide? I don't think there is any way to root unless you go through the unbrick process.

I haven't tried that yet, but I guess I will try that! I thought these other ways would work, but oh well! Thanks for the tip, I'll report back if it works/doesn't work
27th December 2013, 03:05 AM   |  #4  
Toronto

2,746 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus360

I haven't tried that yet, but I guess I will try that! I thought these other ways would work, but oh well! Thanks for the tip, I'll report back if it works/doesn't work

I believe you need to revert back to GB in order to unlock the bootloader and get root access which the unbrick process requires.

I highly recommend using a WinXP x86 machine if possible. I didn't have much luck with x64 machines.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th December 2013, 06:46 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

I believe you need to revert back to GB in order to unlock the bootloader and get root access which the unbrick process requires.

I highly recommend using a WinXP x86 machine if possible. I didn't have much luck with x64 machines.

Sounds good! Is this the unbricking guide you mentioned? There seems to be a few on the forum!

Thanks!
27th December 2013, 07:16 PM   |  #6  
Toronto

2,746 posts
More
Quote:

Sounds good! Is this the unbricking guide you mentioned? There seems to be a few on the forum!

Thanks!

This is the one I used on 3 different Bell P930 phones: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1784709

Is your phone unlocked? If not, it might be best to unlock it first, then install a custom rom. With a custom rom, you may not always get the prompt to enter a network unlock code.
28th December 2013, 06:12 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:

This is the one I used on 3 different Bell P930 phones: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1784709

Is your phone unlocked? If not, it might be best to unlock it first, then install a custom rom. With a custom rom, you may not always get the prompt to enter a network unlock code.

Yep, it is unlocked already...I'm gonna try this out tonight, internet is a bit slow here to download
28th December 2013, 01:48 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 6

85 posts
Quote:

Yep, it is unlocked already...I'm gonna try this out tonight, internet is a bit slow here to download

This guide worked for me great http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2044645
And that was my first time rooting a phone so I guarantee you this one also works and you don't have to type cmd commands, have a quick read and decide which one to use. In the end both methods will have your phone rooted.
6th January 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truepeace

This guide worked for me great http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2044645
And that was my first time rooting a phone so I guarantee you this one also works and you don't have to type cmd commands, have a quick read and decide which one to use. In the end both methods will have your phone rooted.

So I tried the Hereric method and I'm getting stuck on Step 7:

7 - Run TPSparkyRoot.bat, following the instructions in the window.

When I run the bat, it gets this error: cannot create /data/local.prop Permission denied

Any ideas?
6th January 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 249

979 posts
Quote:

So I tried the Hereric method and I'm getting stuck on Step 7:

7 - Run TPSparkyRoot.bat, following the instructions in the window.

When I run the bat, it gets this error: cannot create /data/local.prop Permission denied

Any ideas?

Try the method here under JB ROOTING. Works for me. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=
Also I have a new way of installing cam so you don't need to follow Hereric's guide. I have the thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2598278

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by Swetnes; 6th January 2014 at 09:29 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread