Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Question ppt editor with save & highlight features

OP nursemm05

19th February 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

348 posts
Hey guys! & the rare lady I need some help. I bought my 10.1 specifically for class. My instructors use ppts & I'd rather not have to print them all off. I was just using Polaris 5 and taking notes, using the highlighter function and was LOVING it!! Until it unexpectedly closed on me & didn't save any of my notes. I had the setting checked to save a backup if edits were made but I noticed a pop-up saying save edits weren't available with the document open. Not sure if it was ppt or pptx. I've tried several options in the play store & none do what I want. Any suggestions? I've tried office suite, king something, pearl something. I know that's not specific but my mind is flooded with programs I've tried & anatomy (I'm in class right now)
19th February 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 104

501 posts
Hancom look at its thread in themes and apps

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th February 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

348 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05

Hey guys! & the rare lady I need some help. I bought my 10.1 specifically for class. My instructors use ppts & I'd rather not have to print them all off. I was just using Polaris 5 and taking notes, using the highlighter function and was LOVING it!! Until it unexpectedly closed on me & didn't save any of my notes. I had the setting checked to save a backup if edits were made but I noticed a pop-up saying save edits weren't available with the document open. Not sure if it was ppt or pptx. I've tried several options in the play store & none do what I want. Any suggestions? I've tried office suite, king something, pearl something. I know that's not specific but my mind is flooded with programs I've tried & anatomy (I'm in class
right now)

Oops, it's olive, not pearl.
19th February 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #4  
San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 113

473 posts
More
If you don't need to edit ppt documents and only need to annotate, it's better to save them as pdf and use pdf annotation apps.
20th February 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #5  
Flag Marlboro NJ
Thanks Meter: 177

602 posts
Donate to Me
More
Check out office suite pro, its on sale in the playstore for 99 cents. I use it for ppts a lot.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th February 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

348 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moabizzi

Check out office suite pro, its on sale in the playstore for 99 cents. I use it for ppts a lot.

I just downloaded the trial. I can't write on the ppts and if I can't write, I can't highlight. I need to be able to highlight.

Next... I'll try the pdf option.
20th February 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #7  
Fullerton, CA
Thanks Meter: 5

5 posts
More
If you can get your lecture files in pdf format I think adobe reader or ezpdf is one of the better options. I currently use adobe reader with dropbox and its pretty amazing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
20th February 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #8  
San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 113

473 posts
More
You don't have to get in pdf format, you can convert them to pdf on the fly, on tablet.
20th February 2014, 07:04 AM   |  #9  
Flag Marlboro NJ

602 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05

I just downloaded the trial. I can't write on the ppts and if I can't write, I can't highlight. I need to be able to highlight.

Next... I'll try the pdf option.

I just did that on a ppt slide to see. U have to select insert and go to free form.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1392879814593.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	2590033  
20th February 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #10  
Flag Marlboro NJ

602 posts
Donate to Me
More
If your gonna go the pdf route, check out repligo pdf reader, its the one i felt comfortable for with classes.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread