Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 43,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ppt editor with save & highlight features

Tip us?

nursemm05
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question ppt editor with save & highlight features

Hey guys! & the rare lady I need some help. I bought my 10.1 specifically for class. My instructors use ppts & I'd rather not have to print them all off. I was just using Polaris 5 and taking notes, using the highlighter function and was LOVING it!! Until it unexpectedly closed on me & didn't save any of my notes. I had the setting checked to save a backup if edits were made but I noticed a pop-up saying save edits weren't available with the document open. Not sure if it was ppt or pptx. I've tried several options in the play store & none do what I want. Any suggestions? I've tried office suite, king something, pearl something. I know that's not specific but my mind is flooded with programs I've tried & anatomy (I'm in class right now)
PS I'm a GIRL!

Duly.noted
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Hancom look at its thread in themes and apps

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nursemm05
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
Hey guys! & the rare lady I need some help. I bought my 10.1 specifically for class. My instructors use ppts & I'd rather not have to print them all off. I was just using Polaris 5 and taking notes, using the highlighter function and was LOVING it!! Until it unexpectedly closed on me & didn't save any of my notes. I had the setting checked to save a backup if edits were made but I noticed a pop-up saying save edits weren't available with the document open. Not sure if it was ppt or pptx. I've tried several options in the play store & none do what I want. Any suggestions? I've tried office suite, king something, pearl something. I know that's not specific but my mind is flooded with programs I've tried & anatomy (I'm in class
right now)
Oops, it's olive, not pearl.
PS I'm a GIRL!

ddavtian
Old
Thanks Meter 110
If you don't need to edit ppt documents and only need to annotate, it's better to save them as pdf and use pdf annotation apps.

moabizzi
Old
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Check out office suite pro, its on sale in the playstore for 99 cents. I use it for ppts a lot.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nursemm05
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by moabizzi View Post
Check out office suite pro, its on sale in the playstore for 99 cents. I use it for ppts a lot.

I just downloaded the trial. I can't write on the ppts and if I can't write, I can't highlight. I need to be able to highlight.

Next... I'll try the pdf option.
PS I'm a GIRL!

davidnam88
Old
Thanks Meter 5
If you can get your lecture files in pdf format I think adobe reader or ezpdf is one of the better options. I currently use adobe reader with dropbox and its pretty amazing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ddavtian
Old
Thanks Meter 110
You don't have to get in pdf format, you can convert them to pdf on the fly, on tablet.

moabizzi
Old
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
I just downloaded the trial. I can't write on the ppts and if I can't write, I can't highlight. I need to be able to highlight.

Next... I'll try the pdf option.
I just did that on a ppt slide to see. U have to select insert and go to free form.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1392879814593.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	2590033  

moabizzi
Old
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
If your gonna go the pdf route, check out repligo pdf reader, its the one i felt comfortable for with classes.