Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Question ppt editor with save & highlight features

OP nursemm05

19th February 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
358 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Hey guys! & the rare lady I need some help. I bought my 10.1 specifically for class. My instructors use ppts & I'd rather not have to print them all off. I was just using Polaris 5 and taking notes, using the highlighter function and was LOVING it!! Until it unexpectedly closed on me & didn't save any of my notes. I had the setting checked to save a backup if edits were made but I noticed a pop-up saying save edits weren't available with the document open. Not sure if it was ppt or pptx. I've tried several options in the play store & none do what I want. Any suggestions? I've tried office suite, king something, pearl something. I know that's not specific but my mind is flooded with programs I've tried & anatomy (I'm in class right now)
19th February 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107
 
501 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Hancom look at its thread in themes and apps

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th February 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
358 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05

Hey guys! & the rare lady I need some help. I bought my 10.1 specifically for class. My instructors use ppts & I'd rather not have to print them all off. I was just using Polaris 5 and taking notes, using the highlighter function and was LOVING it!! Until it unexpectedly closed on me & didn't save any of my notes. I had the setting checked to save a backup if edits were made but I noticed a pop-up saying save edits weren't available with the document open. Not sure if it was ppt or pptx. I've tried several options in the play store & none do what I want. Any suggestions? I've tried office suite, king something, pearl something. I know that's not specific but my mind is flooded with programs I've tried & anatomy (I'm in class
right now)

Oops, it's olive, not pearl.
20th February 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 113
 
475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
More
If you don't need to edit ppt documents and only need to annotate, it's better to save them as pdf and use pdf annotation apps.
20th February 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #5  
moabizzi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marlboro NJ
Thanks Meter: 182
 
632 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Donate to Me
More
Check out office suite pro, its on sale in the playstore for 99 cents. I use it for ppts a lot.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th February 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
358 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by moabizzi

Check out office suite pro, its on sale in the playstore for 99 cents. I use it for ppts a lot.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I just downloaded the trial. I can't write on the ppts and if I can't write, I can't highlight. I need to be able to highlight.

Next... I'll try the pdf option.
20th February 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Fullerton, CA
Thanks Meter: 5
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
If you can get your lecture files in pdf format I think adobe reader or ezpdf is one of the better options. I currently use adobe reader with dropbox and its pretty amazing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
20th February 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 113
 
475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
More
You don't have to get in pdf format, you can convert them to pdf on the fly, on tablet.
20th February 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #9  
moabizzi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marlboro NJ
Thanks Meter: 182
 
632 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05

I just downloaded the trial. I can't write on the ppts and if I can't write, I can't highlight. I need to be able to highlight.

Next... I'll try the pdf option.

I just did that on a ppt slide to see. U have to select insert and go to free form.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1392879814593.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	2590033  
20th February 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #10  
moabizzi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marlboro NJ
Thanks Meter: 182
 
632 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Donate to Me
More
If your gonna go the pdf route, check out repligo pdf reader, its the one i felt comfortable for with classes.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes