Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What to Flash a fake HTC One "801e" With, and How?

Tip us?
 
shinacalypse
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2013
Unhappy [Q] What to Flash a fake HTC One "801e" With, and How?



Hi

Please sorry for cross posting but I'm at my wits' end.

Long story short, I was looking to buy a second hand htc one 801e through an intermediary but I got scammed, and the seller won't accept it back.

I was thinking, since its a kind of a stock android 4.1.1 installed on it (looking a lot like a Cyanogenmod) , what can ROM can I flash it with, and how, to clear all the fakery from my sight? I'm relatively OK using ADB (the only thing it recognizes, one cannot flashboot it). Please what can I do with it to make it useful?

Please help!

Yours in shame and anticipation,
 
BenPope
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 868
Posts: 3,459
Join Date: Dec 2007
If it's not an HTC One, you're Off topic.

Find out what it is and then use Google, nothing here will work.
 
raghav kapur
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 417
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinacalypse View Post


Hi

Please sorry for cross posting but I'm at my wits' end.

Long story short, I was looking to buy a second hand htc one 801e through an intermediary but I got scammed, and the seller won't accept it back.

I was thinking, since its a kind of a stock android 4.1.1 installed on it (looking a lot like a Cyanogenmod) , what can ROM can I flash it with, and how, to clear all the fakery from my sight? I'm relatively OK using ADB (the only thing it recognizes, one cannot flashboot it). Please what can I do with it to make it useful?

Please help!

Yours in shame and anticipation,
post a "fastboot getvar all"
lets see wat it shows

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinacalypse View Post


Hi

Please sorry for cross posting but I'm at my wits' end.

Long story short, I was looking to buy a second hand htc one 801e through an intermediary but I got scammed, and the seller won't accept it back.

I was thinking, since its a kind of a stock android 4.1.1 installed on it (looking a lot like a Cyanogenmod) , what can ROM can I flash it with, and how, to clear all the fakery from my sight? I'm relatively OK using ADB (the only thing it recognizes, one cannot flashboot it). Please what can I do with it to make it useful?

Please help!

Yours in shame and anticipation,
theres no rom u can flash on a fake. be more careful next time
 
shinacalypse
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur View Post
post a "fastboot getvar all"
lets see wat it shows

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------



theres no rom u can flash on a fake. be more careful next time
Hi..

Are you sure? It does look very much like a cyanogenmod under the hood..
"flashboot getvar all"

just hangs at "<waiting for device>

adb devices prints out:

0123456789ABCDEF device
 
xproz
Old
(Last edited by xproz; 17th February 2014 at 08:33 PM.)
#5  
xproz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 92
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinacalypse View Post
Hi..

Are you sure? It does look very much like a cyanogenmod under the hood..
"flashboot getvar all"

just hangs at "<waiting for device>

adb devices prints out:

0123456789ABCDEF device

from the serial i think it s a fake but if you re lucky it s a cyanogenmod error
 
shinacalypse
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by xproz View Post
from the serial i think it s a fake but if you re lucky it s a cyanogenmod error
Yes it is a fake.. wondering if it will support a real rom, and how I can do it
 
alray
Old
#7  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 915
Posts: 2,373
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinacalypse View Post
Yes it is a fake.. wondering if it will support a real rom, and how I can do it
NO it will not work with a real htc one rom.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
 
shinacalypse
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
NO it will not work with a real htc one rom.
Yes I have no hope of using a HTC rom. I just want to be sure that if I flash it with a stock android rom (maybe something from google straight) it would work
 
alray
Old
#9  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 915
Posts: 2,373
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinacalypse View Post
Yes I have no hope of using a HTC rom. I just want to be sure that if I flash it with a stock android rom (maybe something from google straight) it would work
Im pretty sure you will not find anything for that phone unless you are a dev and make your own rom for that phone.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
 
shinacalypse
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2013
More information from its cpuinfo..

root@android:/ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
processor : 0
BogoMIPS : 774.96

processor : 1
BogoMIPS : 777.51

processor : 2
BogoMIPS : 777.51

Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0xc07
CPU revision : 2

Hardware : MT6589
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android Wear App Review: EchoWear Song Search – XDA Developer TV

Yesterday on XDA Developer TV, Producer AdamOutler tore down a Samsung … more

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more