5,595,067 Members 39,952 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2.17.605.2_fireball ota ruu

Tip us?

andybones
Old
(Last edited by andybones; 5th December 2012 at 05:24 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8359

DONATE TO ME
Default 2.17.605.2_fireball ota ruu

I pulled the rom.zip from the new OTA(2.17.605.2) RUU that is needed for the root/ S-OFF exploit(AS OF 12/5/12 RELEASED).

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download this - MD5 = 55023CC10B59FDEC0AAA6695C4CF83FB
2) rename to PJ53IMG.zip (make sure it's not named PJ53IMG.zip.zip...)
3) put the PJ53IMG.zip on the root of your SD-Card. (not in any folders)
4) reboot to bootloader
5) let the phone do its magic
6) enjoy Sense 4.1
7) smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is a link if you want the RUU.exe for this OTA, mirror for link provided thanks to knighthawk65
Full RUU.exe for 2.17.605.2 OTA
MD5 = 266BA0801978A9F5CFABE6F316D207FF
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Bad Seed Customs! - Member/Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

holch
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you for your upload!
The Following User Says Thank You to holch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andrewp3481
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Will users that don't have htcdev unlock be able to s-off?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda premium

andybones
Old
(Last edited by andybones; 21st October 2012 at 06:35 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by holch View Post
Thank you for your upload!
Very welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewp3481 View Post
Will users that don't have htcdev unlock be able to s-off?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda premium
Yessir indeed.
6) enjoy Sense 4.1 and please wait patiently for the S-OFF tool.
7) smile.

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

canpitt27
Old
(Last edited by canpitt27; 21st October 2012 at 12:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
I'm confused. Those of us that are already unlocked via htc-dev, will we need to do this to get s-off? I am running viperLTE.

holch
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by canpitt27 View Post
I'm confused. Those of us that are already unlocked via htc-dev, will we need to do this to get s-off? I am running viperLTE.
Yes. Look at this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1945852
The Following User Says Thank You to holch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andybones
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8359

DONATE TO ME
if you are htc dev unlock and doing this, u need to lock ur bootloader to install it, then unlock again after, make sure u have ur unlock_token

blazingwolf
Old
Thanks Meter 398

DONATE TO ME
Sorry but it makes no sense to me that people are recommending the need to relock and then install this update. It can already be installed by those that are unlocked by downloading the version that nitsuj17 posted in the dev forums. This gives you all of the "benefits" of the update without having to relock. Plus, nitsuj17 is already working on a new version of Viper with the latest update.

Is the idea to get the new bootloader? To what advantage would that be (obviously it is to people that are not unlocked)?
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (Stock), Nook HD (Dual boot stock and CM10.1)

In fire and EMS? Check out my apps on Google Play Pumper Calc and Code Log.

andybones
Old
(Last edited by andybones; 21st October 2012 at 06:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Sorry but it makes no sense to me that people are recommending the need to relock and then install this update. It can already be installed by those that are unlocked by downloading the version that nitsuj17 posted in the dev forums. This gives you all of the "benefits" of the update without having to relock. Plus, nitsuj17 is already working on a new version of Viper with the latest update.

Is the idea to get the new bootloader? To what advantage would that be (obviously it is to people that are not unlocked)?

idk who you mean by people? It's me suggesting what to do to be prepared for the S-OFF tool. This goes for everyone, stock and rooted.

you need to run the RUU/or accept it as OTA on your phone if you want S-OFF.

not just running a ROM.

also it's in the very first line of the OP.. "I pulled the rom.zip from the new OTA(2.17.605.2) RUU that is needed for the root/ S-OFF exploit"

The Following User Says Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reeper101
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Thanks

Hey andybones I just wanted to say thanks! I am Aldo' son in law and kind of been behind the scenes. Now with all that is happend I just joined. So thanks for all you have done!

The Following User Says Thank You to reeper101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]