Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 42,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Possible to disable dynamic image contrast?

Tip us?

Cevyn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Possible to disable dynamic image contrast?

I love my HDX but the "dynamic image contrast" feature is driving me nuts!

I don't like when the screen is constantly morphing the contrast level to the scene - it appears to me as an annoying flickering. And on some scenes it never seems to stop adjusting.

Ideas? Apps?
I build computers. And I play with 20 kilovolts and launch things with a 24KJ induction launcher. And these hobbies don't go together!!
The funny thing about clouds is that everyone can view them and they eventually disappear.

Spec-Chum
Old
Thanks Meter 87
That is one of the first things i disable on a TV, hate it.

I mention that as i think the hdx does it quite well and I rarely notice it on there.

To answer your question, i don't think you can.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Google Nexus 4 - KitKat

ferrouskid
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevyn View Post
I love my HDX but the "dynamic image contrast" feature is driving me nuts!

I don't like when the screen is constantly morphing the contrast level to the scene - it appears to me as an annoying flickering. And on some scenes it never seems to stop adjusting.

Ideas? Apps?
I think if you cover the little purple dot next to the camera with some black tape you should't get that anymore. I tried using my hand and it worked!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferrouskid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cevyn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrouskid View Post
I think if you cover the little purple dot next to the camera with some black tape you should't get that anymore. I tried using my hand and it worked!
Put some electrical tape over mine and so far so good!
I build computers. And I play with 20 kilovolts and launch things with a 24KJ induction launcher. And these hobbies don't go together!!
The funny thing about clouds is that everyone can view them and they eventually disappear.