FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[Q] Hard reset after KK

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By w5cyc, Junior Member on 29th March 2014, 06:42 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So my battery life isn't great after the KK update, which I was expecting since I had the same problem on the M7 after update. I'm going to go ahead and do a hard reset I think to clear all the caches. That generally helps.

Here's my question. I spent the better part of a day a couple weeks ago loading media onto my 64GB sd card. The phone is in an otterbox case which is hard to open anyway, and the more you open it the weaker the tabs holding it shut become. So I'd rather not physically remove the card. Will the hard reset affect the SD card at all? Should I unmount the card through developer options before the reset? Would that make any difference?
Last edited by w5cyc; 29th March 2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: clarification

29th March 2014, 08:12 PM |#2  
Forum Moderator
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 2,559

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w5cyc

So my battery life isn't great after the KK update, which I was expecting since I had the same problem on the M7 after update. I'm going to go ahead and do a hard reset I think to clear all the caches. That generally helps.

Here's my question. I spent the better part of a day a couple weeks ago loading media onto my 64GB sd card. The phone is in an otterbox case which is hard to open anyway, and the more you open it the weaker the tabs holding it shut become. So I'd rather not physically remove the card. Will the hard reset affect the SD card at all? Should I unmount the card through developer options before the reset? Would that make any difference?

It should not clear your physical sd.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread