[MOD] Stock bootanimation for Chromecast
if you use a custom ROM on your Chromecast and for some reason want to get back the stock boot animation, this mod is for you.
This mod just replaces the boot animation on your Chromecast, everything else remains unchanged, it won't reactivate the Google OTA updates or anything else.
Note: this is basically the same as if you were installing Eureka-ROM, nothing game-changing here.
- Install and setup Flashcast (at least version 1.1.1) on a USB flash drive. You can use the Flashcast drive you created earlier when installing Eureka-ROM or similar.
Note: you have to boot your Chromecast from the Flashcast drive first, just like they say in the Flashcast tutorial, in order to be able to continue with those steps.
- Download the file attached below, rename it to "eureka_image.zip" and copy it to the Flashcast drive.
- Plug the Flashcast drive to your Chromecast, press and hold the button on the device, and plug in the power. Hold the button until the Flashcast screen appears.
- Wait and let Flashcast install the mod. This could take a few minutes, so don't panic. Your Chromecast will reboot itself when done.
- Done. Enjoy.
Big thanks to Team Eureka
for their Eureka-ROM, whose installation zip and script I used when creating this mod.
Another big thanks goes to tchebb
for creating Flashcast.
And another thanks to Google for creating Chromecast, and the boot animation used in this mod.
PS: the file attached to this post works on the build 14975, which is version 1.1 of the Eureka-ROM. See post #5 for an updated version for Eureka-ROM 2.0. Big thanks to mathorv for updating the mod, he beat me to it. If he's okay with it, I'll add it here for the convenience.
My work on XDA:
- filesystem agnostic kernel flasher