Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 45,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

sound quality and Beats audio not good enough

Tip us?

brightness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default sound quality and Beats audio not good enough

I had used before HTCHD2 . HTC Mozart 7. HTC Desire HD. HTC sensation XE, HTC one, HTC Droid Dna, now HTC Butterfly S

In my experience the sound quality best ever is Droid DNA, beats audio and deep bass very effective and clear.

i noticed in Butterfly S the bass not deep enough and the beats audio on and off almost same a very little different when turn off and on the beats audio in butterfly s in comparison with Droid DNA, besides when i turn on the X-Wide in jet audio making a little distortion, in Droid Dna no problem and very clear.

Usually am listen to music by connecting the phone in car audio system with amplifier and big sup woofer.

Anybody experience the Droid Dna sound Quality and the butterfly s.?

If any suggestion or solution please inform me.
Thanks

FYL21
Old
(Last edited by FYL21; 9th February 2014 at 02:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
hmm, the DNA's DAC has a bit less dynamic range than the Butterfly s, so it may give a more "harder" sound. According to tests done by GSMArena the Butterfly s has a higher dynamic range and less IMD (a bit more THD though), so theoretically its sound quality should be "better." However, you're used to a more bassy sound you may not like it.

What volume are you listening at? Using the stock music app, volume levels above 11/15 can sound distorted using In-Ear headphones. See this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2423846
Using third-party players like PowerAMP can fix this at some higher volumes but there is an occasional clicking that occurs (similar to skipping on old Android Phones.)

Maybe give PowerAMP a try because when I used JetAudio on my HTC One X+, some of the enhancements distorted a bit.

If you don't want any clicking, I think stock player is the only one that works as it seems to use a different audio thread. (you can't use any equalizer app with it)
HTC Butterfly s 901e
HTC One X+ Telus LTE (screen scratched and dust gets into camera sensor )

Both on stock roms

brightness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYL21 View Post
hmm, the DNA's DAC has a bit less dynamic range than the Butterfly s, so it may give a more "harder" sound. According to tests done by GSMArena the Butterfly s has a higher dynamic range and less IMD (a bit more THD though), so theoretically its sound quality should be "better." However, you're used to a more bassy sound you may not like it.

What volume are you listening at? Using the stock music app, volume levels above 11/15 can sound distorted using In-Ear headphones. See this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2423846
Using third-party players like PowerAMP can fix this at some higher volumes but there is an occasional clicking that occurs (similar to skipping on old Android Phones.)

Maybe give PowerAMP a try because when I used JetAudio on my HTC One X+, some of the enhancements distorted a bit.

If you don't want any clicking, I think stock player is the only one that works as it seems to use a different audio thread. (you can't use any equalizer app with it)
Thanks For Reply yeh i agree with you usually i listen to music by connecting the mobile in audio system car with amplifier and sub woofer actually droid dna in jet audio is better then Butterfly s deeper bass ,but butterfly s in pwoeramp is better then droid dna.
big thanks for your advise .