XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N3 for Flex?

Tip us?

Vinsane
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Default N3 for Flex?

I'll probably get blasted for this....but I have a friend who has the Flex and wants to trade for my N3 that is rooted and running a custom ROM.

I know where I am asking this question....Buuuut....if you were in my shoes...or my friends shoes...what would you do.

I know the main differences that are keeping me from moving forward is the extra 1GB RAM and the SD slot and the denser display..not sure about the camera equality or not.

motumbo
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I did it. I sold my n3 international version knox bit still zero. Then I bought flex my first lg phone and I haven't regretted a single minute. The phone design is cute. It's fast, snappy, battery is amazing, camera is very good probably n3 camera is better but not so much. You'll love lg UI and its features, besides phone is rootable keeping the warranty intact.

Sent from my C811 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to motumbo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bp328i
Old
Thanks Meter 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsane View Post
I'll probably get blasted for this....but I have a friend who has the Flex and wants to trade for my N3 that is rooted and running a custom ROM.

I know where I am asking this question....Buuuut....if you were in my shoes...or my friends shoes...what would you do.

I know the main differences that are keeping me from moving forward is the extra 1GB RAM and the SD slot and the denser display..not sure about the camera equality or not.
I have two friends with the Flex and I have the Note III (all three of us on T-Mobile. The one thing holding me back on picking up the Flex is the current status of the bootloader. As soon as that is cracked I'm going to make the jump.

That might not be a factor for you but I love being able to run custom ROM's.
The Following User Says Thank You to bp328i For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sweets55
Old
Thanks Meter 242
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2646839

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
https://zcggba10773.ting.com/ <<<<Free Month Service With Ting
The Following User Says Thank You to sweets55 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ptfdmedic
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2116

DONATE TO ME
I own both the flex and Note 3 on T-Mobile. The Note 3 is the better phone (at least specs) but I love the Flex. I'm not sure what I would choose if I had to pick one.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
A father to 3 Autistic boys and husband to a chronically ill wife. I use my ROM's as a means of making people Autism Aware. If you like my work you can sayThanks by stopping by my blog "Lost and Tired" and reading my family's story. You'd be helping to spread Autism Awareness. EDIT: Added a Donate Button Per Request

The Following User Says Thank You to ptfdmedic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sweets55
Old
Thanks Meter 242
I had a note 2 for a year so I never wanted the Note 3. Same goes with the S4 and S5. I went with the Flex from the G2 mainly because it's unique.

Note 3
Better screen
Better camera
Stylus

Flex
Curved screen (no gimmick) IMO
Battery life is crazy good

I also got a great deal on my Flex so that always helps. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to sweets55 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vinsane
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
I did it...I joined the world of the bendy screen

Digging it so far - the only thing I'm more cognizant of now...is how many apps I'm installing and how much additional storage they take once fully installed.

Oh - ptfdmedic - check your pm sir
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinsane For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wase4711
Old
Thanks Meter 3230

DONATE TO ME
its interesting to see how so many folks I have known from other phones are making their way to the G-Flex..good to see
The Following User Says Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sweets55
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
its interesting to see how so many folks I have known from other phones are making their way to the G-Flex..good to see
Hopefully some more LG Flex developers. You can never have enough of them. hehe It's kind of funny how some of the Note 3 users think the Flex is garbage. Damn fanboyz. lol

Vinsane
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
I am VERY impressed with it so far - I actually like it a lot. The only thing I miss is my choice of cool cases..

Hopefully more developers will jump on and figure this thing out - it sure could use the extra camera details from the G2/Pro (stabilization)

Overall I dig it. I rooted and removed some of the T-Mo junk.

Now...what about carrier IQ? What app or where do I need to go to delete them from spying on me. Haha