Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,097 Members 44,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken power button

Tip us?

Wdustin1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 318
Default Broken power button

So my brother showed his phone today and the power button acts like its held down and then sometimes is not responsive at all. I remember on my S1 having the same problems, what I did was made the power button the search key and turned off the power button all together. Anybody have and good ideas on power button workarounds I'm not newbie I just have been using my gnex and n5 so long I kinda forgot the whole Samsung game. He is currently running Beans ROM.

Or maybe anybody had any luck cleanings the power button if so how did you do it? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jacquestrapp
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdustin1 View Post
So my brother showed his phone today and the power button acts like its held down and then sometimes is not responsive at all. I remember on my S1 having the same problems, what I did was made the power button the search key and turned off the power button all together. Anybody have and good ideas on power button workarounds I'm not newbie I just have been using my gnex and n5 so long I kinda forgot the whole Samsung game. He is currently running Beans ROM.

Or maybe anybody had any luck cleanings the power button if so how did you do it? Thanks!

I would try Button Savior from the Play Store first, I've never used it but it will let you turn off the power button. I had the same problem recently and no cleaning/repair I tried worked, I ended up just opening the phone and prying the power button off the motherboard. My phone's button problems were preventing it from starting up correctly, and made it impossible to boot into recovery. If your problems aren't that bad, obviously a software solution is better than ripping parts off the motherboard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacquestrapp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

buhohitr
Old
(Last edited by buhohitr; 18th February 2014 at 05:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdustin1 View Post

The popular method would be using xposed installer with the Wanam module.
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]