Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 50,162 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Boot Loop Problem. PLEASE HELP.

Tip us?

rrravipatel
Old
(Last edited by rrravipatel; 19th February 2014 at 02:24 AM.) Reason: more information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Boot Loop Problem. PLEASE HELP.

So I am currently running Cyanogenmod 10.2 on my T-Mobile Galaxy S2 (Hercules) and I am stuck in a boot loop. Last thing I was doing before this was activating the Tinted Status Bar module in xposed installer and then instead of doing the normal reboot, I clicked soft reboot instead. Ever since then its been stuck at the cyanogenmod screen for hours now.

Any help??

I really dont want to reflash the rom because this is my daily driver.

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6,217
From the Xposed Framework thread:
Quote:
In case you get into a boot loop:
You can flash the attached Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip by Tungstwenty. It will be copied to your (external) SD card when you install Xposed as well. The only thing it does is copying /system/bin/app_process.orig back to /system/bin/app_process, which you can also do yourself (e.g. with adb shell in recovery mode).
You could also create a file /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/disabled, which causes Xposed to be bypassed as well.
I think it's safe to assume you didn't read the entirety of that thread, let alone download the attached disabler. In this case, as explained in the quote, you can use adb to create the 'disabled' file. Something like this should work:
Code:
adb shell su -c 'touch /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/disabled'
That should get you out of the bootloop after you restart again. You can then disable whatever module you think is causing this problem then remove the file you created.