Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] doubletwist wont play headset beeps indicaters, hardware issue?

OP kdogzxc

20th February 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Recently I switch from useing a Samsung galaxy player 4.0 as a pmp to a Droid x2, and was suprised to find that my favorite feature of my favorite music player was not working. In Doubletwist when you use the headset to play/pause skip forward/back and shufle an indicator beep of different tone plays to let you know it got the message. With the X2 thought only the shuffle tone seemed to work. I tracked it down to the fact that the mp3 files that are actually played by the app are to short (under 10 milliseconds) or to small (around 1Kb) to register. Found this out by extracting the doubletwist apk and trying to play the mp3 directly, the shuffle tone being longest played fine (20milisecond 2.4Kb). Any one have an suggestions on how to fix this? I have tried extracting then replacing the files with ones that will play, and rebuilding, but the final result crashes on startup.
Last edited by kdogzxc; 20th February 2014 at 07:32 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
26th February 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
FIXED IT
Alright I fixed the issue. After some experimintation, with APKmultiTool, I found that if I extracted the apk then make the modifications, and then zipped the apk again, at the highest comppression (9), then signed it, it would install but crash on launch. It still did not seem to want to work at compression between 0 and 9. I tried at 8 7 and 2 and those did not work. I lowerd the compression to 0 and zipped and signed again then the install worked.

Now the player can play the audio files and have them register as sound.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread