FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Question [Q] Is it possible to run windows command lines on a Droid X2?

25th February 2014, 06:27 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey there,

Just a bit of backstory first, I like to play Terraria quite a bit, and since my pc isn't so good (Droid X2 almost has better specs) I would like to see if I could run the stand alone Terraria server application (http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Server) simply on the X2 so as to reduce the stress on my pc when I host.

I would like to know if it is possible to run this command line program off of my android device (DX2), of course I would need to be able to connect to WiFi while the server is running, and be able to type in commands. If it comes down to requiring a special Rom then I could just make a TiBu backup of what little stuff I want to save on the X2, and then switch over to that Rom.

Storage room on the phone shouldn't be an issue, I have an 8gig micro sd card that could take care of anything. And if the issue of not enough ram comes up then (if I remember correctly) I can use the internal memory as extra ram.

Any assistance from the X2 experts would be awesome, thank you!

26th February 2014, 12:25 AM |#2  
Flag Lewiston, ID
Thanks Meter: 290

Donate to Me
More
Windoze commands are incompatible with android. They have to be Linux compiled commands designed for arm. I don't know if it works but I do know that the android version of the game does support other people joining. Though it does say mobile devices.

Sent from my SCH-R530X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread