Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 47,594 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Droid X2 CM10 wifi?

Tip us?

Schupp@loop
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Droid X2 CM10 wifi?

hey guys,

Recently just flashed my DroidX2 to CM10.... I sbf back to 2.3.4, rooted, BSR and installed CM10 and GAPP. all that went fine and flawlessly... love the rom thanks to the dev for workin on it. i was hoping that anyone could help me out in figuring out why my wifi wont turn on period. the wifi toggles but it just sits there "turning wifi on" . Im aware that Cm10 had wifi issues but what ive read was that they are mainly maintaining connectivity. Im not sure if i missed something or did something incorrect but please help.

thanks
Schupp@loop
The Following User Says Thank You to Schupp@loop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lorenzo VonMatterhorn
Old
Thanks Meter 107
hey sir. problemo is, no wifi module into this build. lol. go to cm10 for the dx2 post in android development, not the mx2, but the regular one, on page 141 near the bottom, someone uploaded the file you need, and where to put it. permissions should match the other modules in that folder.
[x][x][ ]
[x][ ] [ ]
[x][ ] [ ] like this. or two on the left on top row, and only one on the left on the other two below it. but just use a root explorer and drop it in its place. i didnt even have to reboot. funny that dragon forgot this over two weeks ago and still hasnt posted an update. frustrating.

Schupp@loop
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo VonMatterhorn View Post
hey sir. problemo is, no wifi module into this build. lol. go to cm10 for the dx2 post in android development, not the mx2, but the regular one, on page 141 near the bottom, someone uploaded the file you need, and where to put it. permissions should match the other modules in that folder.
[x][x][ ]
[x][ ] [ ]
[x][ ] [ ] like this. or two on the left on top row, and only one on the left on the other two below it. but just use a root explorer and drop it in its place. i didnt even have to reboot. funny that dragon forgot this over two weeks ago and still hasnt posted an update. frustrating.
unfortunately i wasn't able to find the post that you mentioned if anyone has better luck can they please post the link?

curryinaninstant
Old
Thanks Meter 3
page 141 at the bottom of the page

Schupp@loop
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: [Q] Droid X2 CM10 wifi?

Awesome thanks so much guys..totally saved my sanity

Sent from my MB870 using xda app-developers app

TheTechnicalBoss
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schupp@loop View Post

You can always download cm10 alpha 2 and extract dhd.ko and push it into cm10 alpha 2.9999999999 and set the permissions to
x)x)-
x)-)-
x)-)-
or you can just download cm10 alpha 3 that includes the wifi fix

Lorenzo VonMatterhorn
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechnicalBoss View Post
You can always download cm10 alpha 2 and extract dhd.ko and push it into cm10 alpha 2.9999999999 and set the permissions to
x)x)-
x)-)-
x)-)-
or you can just download cm10 alpha 3 that includes the wifi fix

but if you install a3, make sure you realize that it needs the hijack in order to use recovery . http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1573 the hijack-boot.zip can be placed in system/etc using a root browser. permissions will be the same as above
[x][x][ ]
[x][ ][ ]
[x][ ] [ ]

just sayin. thanks to bluphant for making the link post.

blueb0mb2
Old
(Last edited by blueb0mb2; 23rd February 2014 at 05:52 PM.) Reason: file no longer at link
Thanks Meter 0
Default the link

It's disappointing that you had trouble finding the reference mentioned, then didn't post a link after you found it.
I've spent about an hour trying to find this (trying to figure out what it means to go to "cm10 for the dx2 post in android development" which was apparently tricky enough that you couldn't find it either and asked for a link).

For those who find this thread because they're looking for solutions on wifi enabling, I think this is what they were referring to:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...12280&page=141

Sadly, the link to dhd.ko no longer has the file. So that sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schupp@loop View Post