1. Install Android USB Driver (PDAnet).
Windows XP/Vista/7 32-bit --- http://pdanet.co/bin/PdaNetA350.exe
Windows Vista/7 64-bit --- http://pdanet.co/bin/PdaNetA350x64.exe
2. Turn off your phone. Then connect your phone via usb data cable.
[ a ] Then an unknown device will appear instantly, it will disappear and then it will reappear. Right click on it and choose to update driver manually. Now locate the folder where your Android MT65xx PreLoader is.
[ b ] Find new software mt65xx preloader. Then choose install the software from a list. Now locate the folder where your Android MT65xx PreLoader is.
NOTE: If nothing happens after plugging then boot to recovery by PRESSING HOLD POWER + VOL UP Button then see your notification area on your desktop then follow either [a] or above.
Done. Now disconnect your phone from the computer. And make it sure that your phone is turned off before proceeding to step 3
3. Extract downloaded files http://d01.megashares.com/dl/xuN9uOq..._v2.1140.0.zip
to one folder for easy locating of the files. Open SP Flash Tool. Then choose scatter loading. See image below.
4. Look and find the scatter text file http://www.mediafire.com/?y7nd8sd5canxkr5
and open it. See image below.
5. Ignore and tick OK. See image below.
6. Check the box with the name "Recovery". Then look for the downloaded recovery file http://d01.megashares.com/dl/UiC2KlY/recovery.img
And open it. See image below.
7. Tick Option from the menu and check USB Mode. See image below.
8. Tick the Download button. Note: Look at the image carefully before ticking the download button. Make it sure nothing else is checked. See image below
9. Plug your cellphone via your usb cable. Then wait for it to be finish. See image below.
***NOTE: If your phone isnít detected after plugging then boot to recovery by PRESSING + HOLD POWER + VOL UP Button THEN go back to step 2.
10. A yellow bar will appear. Wait for it to reach 100%. See image below.
11. Done. Congratulations. You successfully installed a "CUSTOM RECOVERY".
12. Now it's time to root your phone by following the next tutorial below.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DONE SUCCESSFULLY THE STEPS ABOVE BEFORE PROCEEDING BELOW
1. Copy and paste root_MP858Duo.zip http://d01.megashares.com/dl/tPWGVHo/root_MP858Duo.zip
to the root of your SD Card.
2. Turn Off your phone and open custom recovery by pressing and holding Power Button + Volume Up.
3. Install zip from sdcard.
4. Choose zip from sdcard.
5. Choose root_MP858Duo.zip. Then confirm update.
7. Look for an icon with an Android Face named "SuperUser".
8. Done. Congratulations. Your phone is now rooted.