Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] htc one battery

Tip us?

abhishek_chennaka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] htc one battery

Hello,
I own a 5 month old htc one m7. From past few days I have observed that the battery is draining unusually from 100%-85%.Today I observed that it came down to 88% from 100% in half an hour during which the phone was just in standby mode with no background apps running. Is this normal? Please suggest me what to do.

xcrazydx
Old
Thanks Meter 2195

DONATE TO ME
Shut it off and charge it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

kamilmirza
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_chennaka View Post
Hello,
I own a 5 month old htc one m7. From past few days I have observed that the battery is draining unusually from 100%-85%.Today I observed that it came down to 88% from 100% in half an hour during which the phone was just in standby mode with no background apps running. Is this normal? Please suggest me what to do.
it is normal you don't have to worry about it
and yes you can charge it while power off

Google Nexus 5

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Hello,
is google location services on?? if it is, turn it off immediately. go 2 settings-apps-all. see all the background services running. close them all. My One is 3 months old, but doesn't drain so fast
The Following User Says Thank You to raghav kapur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abhishek_chennaka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post
Shut it off and charge it

Will try that

abhishek_chennaka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur View Post
is google location services on?? if it is, turn it off immediately. go 2 settings-apps-all. see all the background services running. close them all. My One is 3 months old, but doesn't drain so fast
Its on since i bought the phone. But the drain is only happening from a week or so

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Its on since i bought the phone. But the drain is only happening from a week or so
still turn it off. it will definitely help

IAmSixNine
Old
Thanks Meter 96
To add to the good advice the other people have stated you can try to better calibrate the percentage of your device by letting it run completely down to the point where your phone shuts off. While its off plug it in. Keep it off while its charging. Once its green turn the phone back on, still keeping it plugged in. The indicator will go green to red for a short time. Once your at 100% then you can unplug and use your phone. By running it down to zero and leaving it off and fully charging it you essentially are calibrating the device.
Currently its off, and if it drops to 90% or so within minutes theres a good chance it could do the opposite when it gets so 5% or less. It might sit there for an hour or so because the calibration is off.
DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox

Twitter @AndroidTechGuy
Google+
Android Users
The Following User Says Thank You to IAmSixNine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kamilmirza
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
To add to the good advice the other people have stated you can try to better calibrate the percentage of your device by letting it run completely down to the point where your phone shuts off. While its off plug it in. Keep it off while its charging. Once its green turn the phone back on, still keeping it plugged in. The indicator will go green to red for a short time. Once your at 100% then you can unplug and use your phone. By running it down to zero and leaving it off and fully charging it you essentially are calibrating the device.
yes
do this once or twice in a month

Google Nexus 5

abhishek_chennaka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
Currently its off, and if it drops to 90% or so within minutes theres a good chance it could do the opposite when it gets so 5% or less. It might sit there for an hour or so because the calibration is off.
Thanks a lot man..it worked