Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 51,886 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One KitKat (o2)

Tip us?

Yourmum90
Old
(Last edited by Yourmum90; 18th February 2014 at 02:33 PM.) Reason: S-Off
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default HTC One KitKat (o2)

Hi All,

I was looking for help to install KitKat on my HTC One, My HTC one is currently on Android - 4.2.2, HTC Sense 5.5 and software number 4.19.401.8. If i hold the volume down key when turning on i have ***Unlocked*** at the top of the screen but now i am stuck. I understand i need to S-Off my handset the use TWRP 2.6+ to flash the rom to my device. Not sure of the next steps and the guide i have read seem to be very confusing for a an idiot like me.

I am kind of answering my own questions, i am now rooted using TWRP and confirmed this by opening the RootTest app from google. Next stage is Kitkat

Rich

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourmum90 View Post
Hi All,

I was looking for help to install KitKat on my HTC One, My HTC one is currently on Android - 4.2.2, HTC Sense 5.5 and software number 4.19.401.8. If i hold the volume down key when turning on i have ***Unlocked*** at the top of the screen but now i am stuck. I understand i need to S-Off my handset the use TWRP 2.6+ to flash the rom to my device. Not sure of the next steps and the guide i have read seem to be very confusing for a an idiot like me.

I am kind of answering my own questions, i am now rooted using TWRP and confirmed this by opening the RootTest app from google. Next stage is Kitkat

Rich
What do you want? 100% stock rom on 4.4 or you want to flash a custom 4.4 rom like arhd 51? Please also link the guide you are referring to and post the output of fastboot getvar all minus IMEI/SN
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

wingnutz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
As far as i'm aware, you dont need to s-off your handset (I haven't anyway), but as far as KitKat Roms are concerned, i've just installed Venom One, and its fantastic! as long as you've installed some sort of recovery software on your handset, you should be alright, although i expect someone will be along in a bit to correct me if im wrong.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutz View Post
as long as you've installed some sort of recovery software on your handset
Need latest version of twrp recovery.

Yourmum90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Need latest version of twrp recovery.
Great thanks for the responses, i thought i would go for a stock rom so i could see what it looked like and then go from their. The guide i have been using is (http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-stock-...m-for-htc-one/) and i am at the point of downloading the rom. I currently have the latest version of TWRP running and kind of have an idea on how to use it. TBH i am not to bothered about the stock so might try the Venom one as advised above. Could you drop a link please.

I have also used TWRP to backup my phone and the backup is listed in the Recovery on TWRP.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Great thanks for the responses, i thought i would go for a stock rom so i could see what it looked like and then go from their. The guide i have been using is (http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-stock-...m-for-htc-one/) and i am at the point of downloading the rom. I currently have the latest version of TWRP running and kind of have an idea on how to use it. TBH i am not to bothered about the stock so might try the Venom one as advised above. Could you drop a link please.

I have also used TWRP to backup my phone and the backup is listed in the Recovery on TWRP.

4.4.2 ARHD 51.0 rom
4.4.2 Venom rom

The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Yourmum90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Thanks again, i will check out the Venom one now.

wingnutz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Thanks again, i will check out the Venom one now.
Tbh, both of these ROM's are pretty close to stock, but i found the Venom Rom has far more customisability out of the box.

Yourmum90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
The install went very well and it looks very good. Thanks for your help,

Yourmum90
Old
(Last edited by Yourmum90; 19th February 2014 at 05:08 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Delete