Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC One KitKat (o2)

OP Yourmum90

18th February 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
Hi All,

I was looking for help to install KitKat on my HTC One, My HTC one is currently on Android - 4.2.2, HTC Sense 5.5 and software number 4.19.401.8. If i hold the volume down key when turning on i have ***Unlocked*** at the top of the screen but now i am stuck. I understand i need to S-Off my handset the use TWRP 2.6+ to flash the rom to my device. Not sure of the next steps and the guide i have read seem to be very confusing for a an idiot like me.

I am kind of answering my own questions, i am now rooted using TWRP and confirmed this by opening the RootTest app from google. Next stage is Kitkat

Rich
Last edited by Yourmum90; 18th February 2014 at 03:33 PM. Reason: S-Off
18th February 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,386

3,589 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourmum90

Hi All,

I was looking for help to install KitKat on my HTC One, My HTC one is currently on Android - 4.2.2, HTC Sense 5.5 and software number 4.19.401.8. If i hold the volume down key when turning on i have ***Unlocked*** at the top of the screen but now i am stuck. I understand i need to S-Off my handset the use TWRP 2.6+ to flash the rom to my device. Not sure of the next steps and the guide i have read seem to be very confusing for a an idiot like me.

I am kind of answering my own questions, i am now rooted using TWRP and confirmed this by opening the RootTest app from google. Next stage is Kitkat

Rich

What do you want? 100% stock rom on 4.4 or you want to flash a custom 4.4 rom like arhd 51? Please also link the guide you are referring to and post the output of fastboot getvar all minus IMEI/SN
18th February 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #3  

7 posts
As far as i'm aware, you dont need to s-off your handset (I haven't anyway), but as far as KitKat Roms are concerned, i've just installed Venom One, and its fantastic! as long as you've installed some sort of recovery software on your handset, you should be alright, although i expect someone will be along in a bit to correct me if im wrong.
18th February 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #4  
Flag Montreal, Quebec

3,589 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutz

as long as you've installed some sort of recovery software on your handset

Need latest version of twrp recovery.
18th February 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

Need latest version of twrp recovery.

Great thanks for the responses, i thought i would go for a stock rom so i could see what it looked like and then go from their. The guide i have been using is (http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-stock-...m-for-htc-one/) and i am at the point of downloading the rom. I currently have the latest version of TWRP running and kind of have an idea on how to use it. TBH i am not to bothered about the stock so might try the Venom one as advised above. Could you drop a link please.

I have also used TWRP to backup my phone and the backup is listed in the Recovery on TWRP.
18th February 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #6  
Flag Montreal, Quebec

3,589 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Great thanks for the responses, i thought i would go for a stock rom so i could see what it looked like and then go from their. The guide i have been using is (http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-stock-...m-for-htc-one/) and i am at the point of downloading the rom. I currently have the latest version of TWRP running and kind of have an idea on how to use it. TBH i am not to bothered about the stock so might try the Venom one as advised above. Could you drop a link please.

I have also used TWRP to backup my phone and the backup is listed in the Recovery on TWRP.

4.4.2 ARHD 51.0 rom
4.4.2 Venom rom
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

4.4.2 ARHD 51.0 rom
4.4.2 Venom rom

Thanks again, i will check out the Venom one now.
18th February 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #8  

7 posts
Quote:

Thanks again, i will check out the Venom one now.

Tbh, both of these ROM's are pretty close to stock, but i found the Venom Rom has far more customisability out of the box.
19th February 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

35 posts
The install went very well and it looks very good. Thanks for your help,
19th February 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

35 posts
Delete
Last edited by Yourmum90; 19th February 2014 at 06:08 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread