XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia T - Not possible to turn on Wifi after Updating to Android 4.3

Tip us?

darkangel1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Xperia T - Not possible to turn on Wifi after Updating to Android 4.3

Yesterday I updated my Xperia T to Android 4.3 via Sony Companion Software. My phone is not rooted. Everything apperently went fine, but after the Update process I wanted to turn on my Wifi, but it did not work. I tried that from the quicksettings and form the settings directly. The button remain grey for a certain time and the turns back to off.
I turned off my phnone and on again, but a white triangle with a screw came and the phone remained in that status for more than 6 hours. After that it turned on, but the Wifi problem remains. Regarding Bluetooth, that works fine.
What I noticed is that when I check the phone info and the Wifii settings, no MAC Adress is listed there for Wifi. I don't think its a hardware problem, because everything was fine before updating.

What should I do? I am afraid to turn my phone off bcause it could go back to the white triangle remaining for several hours in that state. I dont think a factory reset would help, because there seems to be an update problem and I would like to rather not loose all my settings.

Any help would be very appreciated, because I urgently need wifi in my university.......

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel1 View Post
Yesterday I updated my Xperia T to Android 4.3 via Sony Companion Software. My phone is not rooted. Everything apperently went fine, but after the Update process I wanted to turn on my Wifi, but it did not work. I tried that from the quicksettings and form the settings directly. The button remain grey for a certain time and the turns back to off.
I turned off my phnone and on again, but a white triangle with a screw came and the phone remained in that status for more than 6 hours. After that it turned on, but the Wifi problem remains. Regarding Bluetooth, that works fine.
What I noticed is that when I check the phone info and the Wifii settings, no MAC Adress is listed there for Wifi. I don't think its a hardware problem, because everything was fine before updating.

What should I do? I am afraid to turn my phone off bcause it could go back to the white triangle remaining for several hours in that state. I dont think a factory reset would help, because there seems to be an update problem and I would like to rather not loose all my settings.

Any help would be very appreciated, because I urgently need wifi in my university.......
Repair it using PCC or flash the ftf file with Flashtool

darkangel1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90 View Post
Repair it using PCC or flash the ftf file with Flashtool
Thank you for your reply. Could you please explain to me what ftf is and what flashtool I need? Tnx...

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Thank you for your reply. Could you please explain to me what ftf is and what flashtool I need? Tnx...
The ftf file is the stock Rom, you can find it here on xda. Flashtool also. Flashtool only works if you have windows xp, vista 7 or 8. Not on 8.1. Repairing it using pcc should be easier though

darkangel1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90 View Post
The ftf file is the stock Rom, you can find it here on xda. Flashtool also. Flashtool only works if you have windows xp, vista 7 or 8. Not on 8.1. Repairing it using pcc should be easier though
Tnx again. Regarding stoch Rom, I think I am a newbie in that field. I will try to repair via PCC. I have sony bridge for Mac or a Windows PC with Windows 8.1. Which one would you prefer? I updated to Android 4.3 on a Windows 8.1 PC. Do you think that might be a reason, why there is an issue with the update process or something went wrong?

silasje1
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Windows 8.1 works with one of the updates the launched not so long ago

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
Sony Xperia Neo
Sony Xperia T

darkangel1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by silasje1 View Post
Windows 8.1 works with one of the updates the launched not so long ago

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
Unfortunately, reparing it with PCC did not help and I am quite desperate. I bought the phone last year as a used one. I am quite a newbie in this field, but could it be, that the rom installed is an altered one and a normal update via PPC leads to this Wifi problem? Normally that should not be the case, but how can I find that out what is causing the problem and what must I do to overcome this drama of mine. I whish I didn't perform that update, because everything wAs working fine before.....

markafreeman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Unfortunately, reparing it with PCC did not help and I am quite desperate. I bought the phone last year as a used one. I am quite a newbie in this field, but could it be, that the rom installed is an altered one and a normal update via PPC leads to this Wifi problem? Normally that should not be the case, but how can I find that out what is causing the problem and what must I do to overcome this drama of mine. I whish I didn't perform that update, because everything wAs working fine before.....
Try enabling aeroplane mode then disable aeroplane mode, have found that sorts mine when wifi won't turn on

darkangel1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by markafreeman View Post
Try enabling aeroplane mode then disable aeroplane mode, have found that sorts mine when wifi won't turn on
Thanx, but unfortunately that did'nt help either.......

Alex5699
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default flash kernel

Quote:
Thanx, but unfortunately that did'nt help either.......
have u tried flashing the kernel. i may have missed it but it ur phone rooted ?