XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bluetooth for Car Hands Free Calling

Tip us?

The Burner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bluetooth for Car Hands Free Calling

I have a Standard Tesco 16GB Moto G, and a Vauxhall Insignia with Factory fitted bluetooth for hands free use.

The Moto G pairs fine, but functionality is limited. Missing are:

Use of the steering wheel/dashboard controls
No phone book entries
No call lists

Call lists are generated when using the phone in the car, but are lost when bluetooth is disconnected.
Audio is fine over the car speakers, and radio is muted etc.

I have to start, end and accept calls using the handset.

I am never asked the question after pairing that the car wants access to my phone book & call history.

My previous Orange San Diego worked flawlessly in all respects with the car.

I've searched and found many other instances where there are similar problems with most Nexus, and many HTC & Samsung devices. The workarounds vary, but none have worked for me so far.

Anyone cracked it for the Moto G?

The other threads imply it's an Android thing rather than device specific, so might I be waiting for KitKat?

Don't have too much hope, as the older threads were hoping Jelly Bean would fix it, but never did.

eddiem74
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any update on this? I have similar problems although after re-pairing a few times I at least can answer a call with steering wheel controls but cannot hang up one?

flashsam
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I also have this exact same problem with a Vauxhall Astra and would be keen for an answer on how to fix this.

(I have a colleague with a Kia and his phone connects and can be used perfectly so maybe it's a Vauxhall problem?)

flashsam
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Update:
After unpairing and connecting again it seems fine now most of the time. Although sometimes my car will be able to see the phone call history and sometimes not.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Sven_Vl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

I have almost the same issue, with a Vauxhall Astra '12:
- I can call someone using bluetooth, works but I can not end the call
- If someone calls me, it's mostly displayed on the screen -> I can answer, but then the audio doesn't work so I need to phone by hand..
- I manage to get into the phone book & see numbers, but can not dial them

This worked fine on my previous S3 mini & on some older (non-smartphone) phones.

The Burner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update

After repeated pairing and deleting the pairing I was finally asked by the phone if the car could have access to my phonebook etc and so I said yes (don't forget to tick the don't ask again box!)

The phonebook now appeared in the car, but I couldn't select one and successfully dial it - only from the phone itself. No Call lists.

If I made, or received a call whist connected, I got full functionality via the console and steering wheel controls afterwards, in fact everything perfect.

As a workaround, once the phone has paired with the car I either dial myself or 0000 (from the Handset), and after a minute or so, the call lists load and I get full functionality.

If I turn off the ignition, then I have to start from scratch i.e. dial 0000 or anything.

So a partial cure, but still a pain.

I am following a thread from a developer who offers a Bluetooth phone book transfer App, but unfortunately it doesn't work with the Moto G yet. He has now bought himself a Moto G so hopefully he will crack it. If and when he does, there will be 1.19 of mine winging his way i can tell you!

I can't post a link to this but search for android rsap and look under Motorola phones in his forum.

Good luck guys.