Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 48,317 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Receiving blank group texts from one single person

Tip us?

bassboykevlar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Receiving blank group texts from one single person

This has been driving me crazy for many months now. Group texts show up blank on my phone, Lumia 920 AT&T, from just one single person. Regular non group texts show up just fine. Even weirder I can see picture messages from this person that include text.

This didn't always happen. One day out of nowhere they just started coming in blank a few months ago.

In a group text consisting of around 10 different people, all with different phones and mobile carriers, his texts show up fine for them. I'm the only person who receives blank texts from that one single person. Makes me think it's something on my end...

The person's group texts I can't see is using an HTC One on Sprint, if that makes any difference.

Things I've tried unsuccessfully:
  1. Restart the phone
  2. Delete ALL texts from phone
  3. Tried manual MMS APN
If anyone has ideas I'm all ears. Getting sick and tired of this.

PS: I miss android with a passion.

bassboykevlar
Old
(Last edited by bassboykevlar; 17th March 2014 at 12:36 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Well this is interesting. Found out a friend has a Lumia 1020 and also receives blank group texts from that same person. What is going on? No one else has a Windows Phone, just the two of us.

Again I can see pictures from that person in a group text, including the text with it. Regular group texts come in blank from that one person.

Problem with Windows Phone 8?