Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Am I the only one checking for updates every hour?

Tip us?
 
edthesped
Old
#1  
edthesped's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 304
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Am I the only one checking for updates every hour?

For some reason I find Myself more excited about this update than any other in recent memory,

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
BarryH_GEG
Old
#2  
BarryH_GEG's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4117
Posts: 8,615
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spokane, Washington
With all the devices Samsung's listed that qualify for 4.4 multiplied by the different radios (Wi-Fi, 3G, LTE) extrapolated over the dozens of different regions (CSCs) there are probably thousands of different ROM versions that need to be pushed. Samsung was feverishly pushing 4.3 out to the SGS4, SGS3, and N2 to have it deployed before the holiday selling season in order to sell more Gear's. It took months and the benefit was Samsung's more than their customer's. In all my time on XDA I've never seen a Samsung update pushed before there was a leak posted either on XDA or SamFirmware. In other words, it may be a while before your specific type of N10.1-14 receives its update for your specific region. But keep trying, someone's got to be first.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jherring002
Old
#3  
jherring002's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 80
Join Date: Nov 2013
Yea, I'm excited, but not that excited. Once someone here says they have gotten it then l will get excited and Check every 5 min. Until then, its business as usual.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jherring002 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
edthesped
Old
#4  
edthesped's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 304
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jherring002 View Post
Yea, I'm excited, but not that excited. Once someone here says they have gotten it then l will get excited and Check every 5 min. Until then, its business as usual.
I'm hoping this will come sooner as the carriers are not involved in the rollout. I really like my note but do find it to be a bit laggy and would like to have a more fluid experience.
 
Co-re
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 66
Join Date: Oct 2013
Well, you shouldn't check every hour. I've been waiting for MK1 OTA since early November ...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Co-re For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Duly.noted
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 495
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
With all the devices Samsung's listed that qualify for 4.4 multiplied by the different radios (Wi-Fi, 3G, LTE) extrapolated over the dozens of different regions (CSCs) there are probably thousands of different ROM versions that need to be pushed. Samsung was feverishly pushing 4.3 out to the SGS4, SGS3, and N2 to have it deployed before the holiday selling season in order to sell more Gear's. It took months and the benefit was Samsung's more than their customer's. In all my time on XDA I've never seen a Samsung update pushed before there was a leak posted either on XDA or SamFirmware. In other words, it may be a while before your specific type of N10.1-14 receives its update for your specific region. But keep trying, someone's got to be first.
Barry this is off topic but you are on more threads across more subforums for more devices than anyone IV seen on xda. And your responses are at times too in depth for the average. Seriously I'm on here a few hours a day and all over every tech site but you seriously live here.....Not bad.....just an observation. You should be a dev

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
BarryH_GEG
Old
#7  
BarryH_GEG's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4117
Posts: 8,615
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spokane, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted View Post
Barry this is off topic but you are on more threads across more subforums for more devices than anyone IV seen on xda. And your responses are at times too in depth for the average. Seriously I'm on here a few hours a day and all over every tech site but you seriously live here.....Not bad.....just an observation. You should be a dev
I'm on frequent mind numbing multi-hour conference calls and this is my alternative to PC games. I also travel internationally a lot and when I do I'm off the board for weeks. I'll leave it up to you as to whether the latter's a good thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kkretch
Old
#8  
kkretch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 405
Posts: 882
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: near Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
I'm on frequent mind numbing multi-hour conference calls and this is my alternative to PC games. I also travel internationally a lot and when I do I'm off the board for weeks. I'll leave it up to you as to whether the latter's a good thing.
Not every hour but I'm checking.
If I was helpful please press the thanks button

My Devices
32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition SM-P600ZKVXAR
16GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZWYXAR
16GB Blackberry Playbook
64GB Blackberry Playbook - retired
8GB 1st Gen Kindle Fire - TWRP/AOKP Jellybean - retired
User Built PC - i5/2500K @ 4500khz - Windows 7 ultimate
 
SherifMedhat
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: Apr 2011
Just enable your servant, the update service is always running and drink your tablet's juice for just doing that
 
WinePress
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 46
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co-re View Post
Well, you shouldn't check every hour. I've been waiting for MK1 OTA since early November ...
Same here, bought my tablet early December and am yet to receive any updates.
I'm pretty pissed about it.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes