Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,464 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROOTED Phone - Power button no longer works, please help

Tip us?

ash0074
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ROOTED Phone - Power button no longer works, please help

Hi All, i am new so please bare with me. I did a root on my phone, and it was succesful, I have the superuse app now.

I went in to do the "key 226 HEADSETHOOK" to "key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE" change to make my headset pause and play my music. Well it didn't work and now the rear button wont allow we to turn the screen on or off and I cannot reboot. Can anyone help me fix this? I am desperate!

Also, will a factory reset remove the root and fix this issue?

joebob296
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0074 View Post
Hi All, i am new so please bare with me. I did a root on my phone, and it was succesful, I have the superuse app now.

I went in to do the "key 226 HEADSETHOOK" to "key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE" change to make my headset pause and play my music. Well it didn't work and now the rear button wont allow we to turn the screen on or off and I cannot reboot. Can anyone help me fix this? I am desperate!

Also, will a factory reset remove the root and fix this issue?
I would just flash it back to stock and start over the whole process takes like 10 minutes.

ash0074
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebob296 View Post
I would just flash it back to stock and start over the whole process takes like 10 minutes.
I couldn't, for the life of me, get the stock flash to work. I went home, looked at my wife's G2 and copied the lines I changed, got the phone working again. But now, sometimes, while I am playing music on the built in music player, it just stops as if I am getting a call, will need to figure out why that's happening. Thanks for the reply though!

freebee269
Old
Thanks Meter 415

DONATE TO ME
you could just install twrp 2.6.3.3 and then flash a stock rom. that would put you back to when you first got the phone. if you are on stock rom now, after flashing twrp, you could backup data in twrp then flash the new stock rom then restore data. this will get you back to where you are now but without any of the changes you made that messed you up. as long as "key 226 HEADSETHOOK" to "key 226 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE" were system files then data wont back that up.
Link to my Dev Host Files = http://d-h.st/users/freebee269