XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [New Idea] A play and chat space for friends

Tip us?

cubewalker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] [New Idea] A play and chat space for friends

I just got a new idea. Currently Instant messengers only allow chatting and most games do not provide a real time chat experience with friends. The idea is like msn games where you can chat and play with your friends at the same time. It can be a mobile app space where you can play games, chat and kill spare times. Do you think this idea can be changed to a mobile app?

thepimms
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubewalker View Post
*snip* Do you think this idea can be changed to a mobile app?
Games and IM on the same screen would probably not work on mobile devices. It works on PC because you have so much better control with a mouse than thick sausage fingers. Of course, the screen is also much bigger.

It's also important to differentiate between playing while you're chatting and chatting while you're playing. In the case of MSN, you are playing while you're chatting. Don't bring this kind of chat system into your games, but consider integrating small games into your chat client.
The Following User Says Thank You to thepimms For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cubewalker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepimms View Post
Games and IM on the same screen would probably not work on mobile devices. It works on PC because you have so much better control with a mouse than thick sausage fingers. Of course, the screen is also much bigger.

It's also important to differentiate between playing while you're chatting and chatting while you're playing. In the case of MSN, you are playing while you're chatting. Don't bring this kind of chat system into your games, but consider integrating small games into your chat client.
A multi-player games network for friends rather than an IM which can play game. More emphasise on games rather than on IM?

cubewalker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
I have created a demo video for my idea. Look good?

Are you interested in the mobile app?

nibbcnoble
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Sounds like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepimms View Post

I like this idea. Surpised it hasn't been integrated into facebook messenger or snapchat.

cubewalker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
That's not easy to do so. Integrate with games will make snapchat / fb messenger lose their original focuses.

zarafz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubewalker View Post
I have created a demo video for my idea. Look good?

Are you interested in the mobile app?

for your work, nice idea, but this should look much difrent

Tags
mobile apps