XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to go to Bootloader on Lava MTAB MG7

Tip us?

aadnan.w
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] How to go to Bootloader on Lava MTAB MG7

My Lava Mtab MG7 has become locked due to too many wrong pattern attempts. I can't log into the Google account to unlock it. I wanted to enter recovery mode to wipe data (hard reset). But I don't know the combination of key presses to enter the bootloader. I have tried the following:
1. Vol Up + Power
2. Vol Down + Power
3. Vol Up + Vol Down + Power
Can someone please help me understand how to go around this problem?

Greyjawripper
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I think what you mean is recovery..... lava mtab's data cannot be wiped with stock recovery.... you need to install a custom one through archtools which requires root..... since you said your device is locked ...your lucky if your adb was set to on in developer option before the device got locked .... otherwise the only option is to flash the stock firmware image through rkflashtool.......

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

and one more thing the stock firmware us almost impossible to get, I managed to get one from the service centre but seems the kernel image was not the right one..... cause its actually a Chinese tab callec D7 rebranded by lava .....I found that out after opening a unit which burned after I patched the kernel with overclock binaries ....

so I'd suggest you take it to the service centre they'll give you a replacement with a new unit.... ... I got mine replaced....but I manges hardbrick both of them....
Tags
bootloader, lava, mg7, mtab