Post Reply

Battery Life

OP Phantomhive

27th June 2013, 01:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Am I the only person who notices that all these battery save kernels aren't working for them. I flashed CM and I have been getting amazing battery life (13+ hours) with moderate usage, but with leankernel for example, I only get 9 hours max and my phone heats up a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phantomhive For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2013, 03:27 AM   |  #2  
aybarrap1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 152
 
565 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomhive

Am I the only person who notices that all these battery save kernels aren't working for them. I flashed CM and I have been getting amazing battery life (13+ hours) with moderate usage, but with leankernel for example, I only get 9 hours max and my phone heats up a lot.

Not working for "them"? Or for you? Of course they do not work for everyone. They also may work well for one ROM but poorly on another.
27th June 2013, 07:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Well I was curious how kernels worked for others. Sorry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
27th June 2013, 07:39 AM   |  #4  
rani9990's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fremont
Thanks Meter: 957
 
1,502 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Depends on the device. "All hardware is created unequal" -rani9990

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rani9990 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2013, 01:41 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
That greenify app works pretty well for me...
Now that is post 10... can I post in developers now?!?
29th June 2013, 05:06 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4L4><y

That greenify app works pretty well for me...
Now that is post 10... can I post in developers now?!?

What does the greenify app do exactly
The Following User Says Thank You to Phantomhive For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2013, 08:57 PM   |  #7  
jasvncnt1's Avatar
Senior Member
Union NJ
Thanks Meter: 684
 
2,290 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomhive

What does the greenify app do exactly


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=38192418

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to jasvncnt1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2013, 01:04 AM   |  #8  
Jep56's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 85
 
644 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasvncnt1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=38192418

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

No two phones work the same. I've had my S3 for about 2 weeks and have run Stock-rooted, and e few custom roms. I have 4 email accounts-pushed, 10 screen widgets, and always texting, web surfing, etc. I'm currently at 14 hours with 49% remaining. When I work in spreadsheets, and use a a reader, (usually 2 hours each) I still get 14-16 hours, no matter what rom/kernel I've been running
4th July 2013, 05:53 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jep56

No two phones work the same. I've had my S3 for about 2 weeks and have run Stock-rooted, and e few custom roms. I have 4 email accounts-pushed, 10 screen widgets, and always texting, web surfing, etc. I'm currently at 14 hours with 49% remaining. When I work in spreadsheets, and use a a reader, (usually 2 hours each) I still get 14-16 hours, no matter what rom/kernel I've been running

I guess mine is just a piece of crap :/
4th July 2013, 04:16 PM   |  #10  
aybarrap1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 152
 
565 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomhive

I guess mine is just a piece of crap :/

You just need to find the ROM and kernel combo that works well with your phone. I have tried ROMs/kernel combos that some get excellent battery life from but mine is horrible and vice versa. Keep testing as it is a trial and error type thing. Also your kernel settings can make huge differences. What works for one may not work well with your phone. Different settings on the same kernel may net you excellent results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy S III General by ThreadRank