Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Installed CM10.2.1 on Nook HD-won't boot

Tip us?

lmacmil
Old
(Last edited by lmacmil; 18th February 2014 at 08:04 PM.) Reason: Added information
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Installed CM10.2.1 on Nook HD-won't boot

I installed the stable build CM10.2 on my Nook HD following the "Installing Cyanogen mod for dummies" thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317500 Everything seemed to install as it should but now the Nook will not get past the Cyanogenmod screen with the logo and the spinning arrow. I see the Cyanoboot universal bootloader screen and then arrow circling the Android head and there it stays. Anything I can do other than go thru the installation process again? I should note that during the zip file installations, there were error messages referencing an E: drive but then I got messages saying installation complete after each zip file was installed.

Anything I can do other than go thru the installation process again and hope for a better outcome?

Edit: I booted from the SD card and got the CWM-based recovery v6.0.2.7 - Stock menu. At the bottom of the screen I have the following error messages:

E: Can't mount /cache/recover/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recover/log
E: Can't open /cache/recover/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recover/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recover/last_log

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3533

DONATE TO ME
Boot to CWM and go to the advanced menu and wipe the dalvik cache. If that does not help, do a factory reset with CWM.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here

lmacmil
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Boot to CWM and go to the advanced menu and wipe the dalvik cache. If that does not help, do a factory reset with CWM.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Thanks. I went ahead and did a factory reset and then installed 10.1.3. That worked. I got none of those error messages and it booted into CM. I'm up and running. I doubt I'll notice much difference between 10.1.3 and 10.2.1.