No registration required

[Q] CM 10.2 and Nook HD vs. Nook Color

OP patrshep

18th February 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello,

I have a Nook Color and a Nook HD both running CM 10.2.1 (installed on internal storage). I have two questions:

1. The Nook Color's settings menu looks/functions differently from the Nook HDs The HD has a sort of scrolling menu on the left that, when an option is selected, opens more details on the right part of the screen. The Nook Color's setting menu does not split left and right. It only displays the main menu items and selecting an option from there takes you to that specific menu category. Is this by design, or is there a setting on the HD that I have checked that isn't selected on the Color?

2. The Nook Color has the option, from the Apps Information setting, to move apps to SD. However, the Nook HD does not. Is this a device difference, or a software setting that can be changed? (Ideally, I would like to be able to move apps from internal storage to external storage on the Nook HD).

Thanks for all of the great info and responses.
19th February 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,695

8,419 posts
Donate to Me
More
1. This is because the nook HD has a tablet interface and the nook color does not. This is not selectable. It is set automatically based on screen density.

2. App2sd does not work on the HD/HD+ since it uses an emulated SD on internal (shared with space for apps). But you can free up space on the internal memory by using my SD swap zip from my nook HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature. It allows media files to be stored on the external SD freeing space for more apps on internal memory.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
19th February 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

1. This is because the nook HD has a tablet interface and the nook color does not. This is not selectable. It is set automatically based on screen density.

2. App2sd does not work on the HD/HD+ since it uses an emulated SD on internal (shared with space for apps). But you can free up space on the internal memory by using my SD swap zip from my nook HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature. It allows media files to be stored on the external SD freeing space for more apps on internal memory.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Thank-you for your help and quick response.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread