Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

One of my nexus 7s doesnt show up on pc?

OP abhayy

17th February 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Charmin'
Thanks Meter: 70

399 posts
More
So, i have a nexus 7 FHD, its rooted with slim rom and it works great. My sister just got a nexus 7, and i rooted it for her with a toolkit, and updated to the latest OTA. The problem is, her tablet is now showing up as a MTP device on my pc, while my nexus 7 is. I know its not the wire because ive tried both my wire and hers with my nexus, and they both have my tablet show up. Furthermore, i see it as a device under the device manager, and my pc makes a sound when it plugs in, but i still cant do anything.

Does anybody know what to do?
17th February 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,956

6,100 posts
More
Fix the driver that pops up when her tablet is plugged in, don't let windows search for the drive install it manually. A quick search will point you to the correct one. Also best not to use toolkits, if you did this manually my guess is you would have installed all the proper drivers but that's besides the point

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th February 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #3  
Flag Reutlingen
Thanks Meter: 104

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayy

So, i have a nexus 7 FHD, its rooted with slim rom and it works great. My sister just got a nexus 7, and i rooted it for her with a toolkit, and updated to the latest OTA. The problem is, her tablet is now showing up as a MTP device on my pc, while my nexus 7 is. I know its not the wire because ive tried both my wire and hers with my nexus, and they both have my tablet show up. Furthermore, i see it as a device under the device manager, and my pc makes a sound when it plugs in, but i still cant do anything.

Does anybody know what to do?

have you activated "Media device (MTP)"?
you can find it under (Settings → Storage → USB computer connection)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mastertryce For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread