Note 3 S-View Functionality discussion / FAQ thread

Search This thread

ph0b0s123

Nov 26, 2007
There are multiple threads on this forum discussing cases that you can get s-view with. There also threads talking about problems with non Samsung cases after your Note 3 is upgraded to Kit Kat and Samsung's software updates to fix this.

What I have not seen on this forum is a thread talking about how you can use s-view no matter what case you used to get it. Questions about the s-view functionality etc. So I thought I would start one off.

Over time I will try to update this post with what you should expect from S-view on the Note 3 and answers to standard questions, like how do you enable it and setup backgrounds etc via the 'Accessory' section in settings.

I love S-View and think it is a very useful feature.

Just to start us of though, one thing I was disappointment about was the mismatch in how incoming and outgoing calls are dealt with. With incoming calls the screen comes up and tells you who is calling and lets you accept the call with a swipe. During the call you can still see the details via s-view with the cover closed and perform another swipe to end the call.

With outgoing calls you open the cover to put in the number and then dial. At this point I normally close the my case. For me s-view will not engage though and treat the outgoing call in s-view mode as it did with the incoming call. So if I want to end the call I have to open the case and touch the end call icon. Don't know if everyone has this. I am still using Android 4.3 until the accessory fix is rolled out in my area for 4.4.

That is another question for discussion though. Are there any functionality upgrades / differences between s-view on 4.3 and 4.4? One I am aware of is that the home button can no longer be used to turn on the screen in 4.4 and therefore S-View. So I believe on 4.4 you can only use the power button? Can anyone confirm this?

Anyway I am hoping this thread will offer something new not covered by other threads discussing S-view on this forum, as they have been case specific.

Last edited: