Tip us?

gueschmid
Old
(Last edited by gueschmid; 11th February 2014 at 06:36 AM.) Reason: Done
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bricked my Ouya

Hallo,

i bricked my Ouya. I have CWM installed. I started my Ouya and get a Update, then I rebooted in Recovery an I stock there. I took my Keyboard, powered OUYA of, restarted without Ethernet and rebootet to recovry.

Then i format the /system to get rid of mod-Collection. Then i want to install update.zip, but it wasen´t there. Now I have a Ouya only with CWM.

CWM did not find my USB-Stick. And when i connect my Laptop to the Ouya I can not find a USB-Memory. My Ouya-Driver did not recocnize the Ouya!

But the i a topic in CWM load from Sideloading! How can I put a *-ota.zip an the OUYA to flash system angain?

Thanks.

gueschmid

DONE!

I FOUND ADB SIDELOAD *-OTA.ZIP

prophetjinn
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gueschmid View Post
Hallo,

i bricked my Ouya. I have CWM installed. I started my Ouya and get a Update, then I rebooted in Recovery an I stock there. I took my Keyboard, powered OUYA of, restarted without Ethernet and rebootet to recovry.

Then i format the /system to get rid of mod-Collection. Then i want to install update.zip, but it wasen´t there. Now I have a Ouya only with CWM.

CWM did not find my USB-Stick. And when i connect my Laptop to the Ouya I can not find a USB-Memory. My Ouya-Driver did not recocnize the Ouya!

But the i a topic in CWM load from Sideloading! How can I put a *-ota.zip an the OUYA to flash system angain?

Thanks.

gueschmid

DONE!

I FOUND ADB SIDELOAD *-OTA.ZIP
If anyone has this problem in the future, you could use sideload or you could just adb push ie.

adb push update.zip /sdcard/update.zip
Nexus One - Current =)
Rom: CyanogenMod 2.2 Froyo (Latest)
Recovery: ClockworkMod (Latest)
SD: 8gb sd card Class 6

T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Black - Retired phone
ROM: CyanogenMod (Latest)
Recovery: Amon Ra (Latest)

nex86
Old
(Last edited by nex86; 19th February 2014 at 05:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetjinn View Post
If anyone has this problem in the future, you could use sideload or you could just adb push ie.

adb push update.zip /sdcard/update.zip
I did it this way all the time. But now it doesn't seem to work anymore.

I flashed the latest update I downloaded from https://ouyafw.skumler.net/
and getting this error when applying the update.zip from SDK or sideloading it (both doesn't work)

Code:
assert failed: !less_than_int(1391471878, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))
I tried removing this line from the updater-script. Doesn't work. The progress stops with "Installation aborted." without an error code.

seems with further firmwares, there is no way to restore anymore.

PS: I don't have CWM. only Stock recovery and a system that stucks in bootloop even after factory reset.

Manni5000
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nex86 View Post
I did it this way all the time. But now it doesn't seem to work anymore.

I flashed the latest update I downloaded from https://ouyafw.skumler.net/
and getting this error when applying the update.zip from SDK or sideloading it (both doesn't work)

Code:
assert failed: !less_than_int(1391471878, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))
I tried removing this line from the updater-script. Doesn't work. The progress stops with "Installation aborted." without an error code.

seems with further firmwares, there is no way to restore anymore.

PS: I don't have CWM. only Stock recovery and a system that stucks in bootloop even after factory reset.
The firmware on the site you mentioned is not up to date!

Here is the official link for the latest firmware.

If you have adb access, you could try to fastboot CWM recovery.