Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

OGP exFat support ?

OP pallcsa

12th February 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Does the OGP support exFat ? I hate the 4Gb limit of FAT32. How can I overcome this limit ?
12th February 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallcsa

Does the OGP support exFat ? I hate the 4Gb limit of FAT32. How can I overcome this limit ?

FAT32 supports partitions up to 32 GB. If you notice, out of the box the G Pro comes with a hidden partition and an 23 GB partition as Internal Storage. I have a 32 GB MicroSD card formatted as a single 32 GB FAT32 partition.

You only need ExFAT if you plan on using a 64 GB MicroSD card. Since LG advertises that the G Pro can support up to a 64 GB MicroSD card, then its likely that the stock ROM and kernel do support ExFAT. If for some reason it doesn't, then replacing the ROM with one of the Android 4.4 KitKat ROMs will surely do the trick.
Last edited by DonS; 12th February 2014 at 07:02 PM.
13th February 2014, 08:24 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonS

FAT32 supports partitions up to 32 GB. If you notice, out of the box the G Pro comes with a hidden partition and an 23 GB partition as Internal Storage. I have a 32 GB MicroSD card formatted as a single 32 GB FAT32 partition.

You only need ExFAT if you plan on using a 64 GB MicroSD card. Since LG advertises that the G Pro can support up to a 64 GB MicroSD card, then its likely that the stock ROM and kernel do support ExFAT. If for some reason it doesn't, then replacing the ROM with one of the Android 4.4 KitKat ROMs will surely do the trick.

Well, I bit the bullet and formatted my 32Gb sdhc card to exFAT and the OGP can read it flawlessly. I am very pleased with the results because I got rid of the 4Gb file size limit. The only small issue is that cwm recovery can`t read or write exFAT so I have to make backups to my internal memory and then move them to the SD.
20th February 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallcsa

Well, I bit the bullet and formatted my 32Gb sdhc card to exFAT and the OGP can read it flawlessly. I am very pleased with the results because I got rid of the 4Gb file size limit. The only small issue is that cwm recovery can`t read or write exFAT so I have to make backups to my internal memory and then move them to the SD.

How do you format it into exFat?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th February 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Well, it`s very easy. I put it in the card reader of the laptop and formatted it in the file manager of windows 7.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes