Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 41,226 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] MTP device driver (code 10) Help!?

Tip us?

Sparrow245
Old
(Last edited by Sparrow245; 18th August 2012 at 06:37 AM.) Reason: Problem has been fixed
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [SOLVED] MTP device driver (code 10) Help!?

THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED!

If you have the MTP usb device driver error (code 10), then scroll down and try what worked for me.

iTz KeeFy
Old
(Last edited by iTz KeeFy; 17th August 2012 at 09:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow245 View Post
So, I used Odin to reset my vibrant back to stock 2.1. I then tried to get it to 2.2 using Samsung Kies, but when ever I try to use it, MTP Device fails to install. Anyone know how to get the driver to install / work correctly so that I can use Kies? Thank you in advance.
You should really avoid using kies if possible. It is notorious for hard bricking phones, meaning they become paper weights if something goes wrong. You should install clockwork mod recovery and install a custom 2.2 ROM, there are literally tons to choose from and they are pre-rooted. Some of the custom ROMs have odin images so you could actually skip the clockwork recovery step. I'll link you to the 2.2 ROM I'm using or you can search for something different. Here is Axura 2.2, use the odin image in the 3rd post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1787267.

EDIT- if you also need drivers for your phone then go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=728929
Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Toast6977
Old
Thanks Meter 215

DONATE TO ME
If you want 2.2 (Froyo) installed on your Vibrant, like the other poster said, there are literally tons of great builds.

Here is a link to one that I really liked, it had great battery life, and overall good performance. Bionix V - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=21324042

As stated above, please avoid using the Kies software, it generally creates many more problems than it is worth.

Sparrow245
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've used Kies many times, so I know what I'm doing. But apparently this time something about the MTP driver isn't going alright. Could be that I have this fairly new computer? I've already tried installing the vibrant drivers, but for what ever reason I keep getting a code 10 error for the MTP usb device. :/

Toast6977
Old
Thanks Meter 215

DONATE TO ME
Well if your not doing so already, try running the program as administrator.

However, not sure why you are so hell bent on running the stock Froyo via Kies, when there are so many other amazing Froyo/GB/ICS/and now JB custom ROMs that work MUCH much better, and have way better support than Samsung could ever provide.

However, to each his own. Good luck to you with your endeavors!

Sparrow245
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Which ROM I want has nothing to do with my question. The problem is the MTP usb device, which apparently fails to start. (Code 10)? I've seen that it's a common problem, but there isn't any one definite answer. I was hoping maybe someone here knows how to fix it?

Toast6977
Old
Thanks Meter 215

DONATE TO ME
I know the thread is for a tablet, not sure which version of windows your running, but maybe something lime this is what you are looking for: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1150211
The Following User Says Thank You to Toast6977 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samsgun357
Old
Thanks Meter 1,377
Quote:
Which ROM I want has nothing to do with my question. The problem is the MTP usb device, which apparently fails to start. (Code 10)? I've seen that it's a common problem, but there isn't any one definite answer. I was hoping maybe someone here knows how to fix it?
Google code 10 error mtp

You should find a link that says fixed code 10 mtp error Samsung galaxy
It is a post on android forums or phandroid??? You should see it and it should fix your error.

sent from my magic box to yours

Sparrow245
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ah! Finally found a solution! Not sure if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

1. Plug up your phone like usual. Connect with Samsung Kies. Obviously, you will get get MTP code 10 error.
2. Go to the device manager, and then uninstall the driver. Unplug your phone.
3. Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers and rename wudfrd.sys and winusb.sys to wudfrd1.sys and winusb1.sys respectively.
3. Plug your phone back in, and connect with Kies.
4. The computer will try and install the driver again, but fail.
5. Go to the device manager again, and attempt to update the driver. It should fail, and you should get a (code 28) error this time. Make sure you have a code 28 error!
6. Go back to c:\windows\system32\driver and rename the 2 files back to it's original names.
7. Go to c:\windows\inf and look for a file named wpdmtp.PNF. Take the file, and move it somewhere else (like your desktop) don't delete it.
8. Now go to the MTP usb device again, and attempt to update drivers. It should update, and recognize your device now.

This is what worked for me, I don't know if it will work for you. I'm not responsible for anything that goes wrong.

iTz KeeFy
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I've used Kies many times, so I know what I'm doing.
When kies hard bricks your phone I'll be here to say I told ya so. Its really an unnecessary risk but its your phone, good luck.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to iTz KeeFy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]