5,597,397 Members 30,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tablet upgrade time, which one to get?

Tip us?

pipechaves
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Tablet upgrade time, which one to get?

So I think is time for me to get a new tablet (ipad no thanks).

So based on aaaaaaaaall the things we have around on the market which tablet could be the upgrade ?

I was searching for something with flash for the camera, not to big not to small.(7" is small, 10" is big)

This tablet was perfect for my needs but I think its time to move one.

Any idea suggestions
I dont want to blow off money
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pipechaves For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

omarainea
Old
Thanks Meter 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipechaves View Post
So I think is time for me to get a new tablet (ipad no thanks).

So based on aaaaaaaaall the things we have around on the market which tablet could be the upgrade ?

I was searching for something with flash for the camera, not to big not to small.(7" is small, 10" is big)

This tablet was perfect for my needs but I think its time to move one.

Any idea suggestions
I dont want to blow off money
Personally Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is the best in size and in performance and it was released in 2014 that makes it very up-to-date
If I wonna replace my tab,, it would be this awesome 8.4 tab
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omarainea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pipechaves
Old
(Last edited by pipechaves; 6th March 2014 at 11:25 PM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarainea View Post
Personally Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is the best in size and in performance and it was released in 2014 that makes it very up-to-date

I like that one, I didnt know about the 8.4, ufff 400$ hmmmmm thats expensive :P I was thinking more like 300

Thank you !!!

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarainea View Post
Does it have Knox on it? Looking for a new tablet too but won't get anything with Knox on it
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iZLeeP
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipechaves View Post
I like that one, I didnt know about the 8.4, ufff 400$ hmmmmm thats expensive :P I was thinking more like 300

Thank you !!!
Just googled it and it's a good tablet, though price is hefty. I'll wait for the Nexus 8 later this year. In the mean time, I'll stick to my P7300 and P7500.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by iZLeeP View Post
Just googled it and it's a good tablet, though price is hefty. I'll wait for the Nexus 8 later this year. In the mean time, I'll stick to my P7300 and P7500.
That's what I'm kind of waiting for too, the nexus 8. Love my nexus 5

iZLeeP
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
That's what I'm kind of waiting for too, the nexus 8. Love my nexus 5
I both own nexus 7 1st & 2nd gens but later sold it as size is too small. The Tab 8.9 is perfect for me, I wonder why Samsung discontinued it. So I'm looking forward to the nexus 8.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2255
Quote:
Originally Posted by iZLeeP View Post
I both own nexus 7 1st & 2nd gens but later sold it as size is too small. The Tab 8.9 is perfect for me, I wonder why Samsung discontinued it. So I'm looking forward to the nexus 8.
I thought the size was perfect too. I have an i957 but want something newer
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hondax
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I agree the tab pro 8.4 sounds like a good device. Convenient size and good specs. I would also look at the less expensive LG 8.3. Still, I feel my 8.9 LTE with dual core 1.5 GHz is aging with grace. Better performance and UI with CM10 and Nova launcer, great browser performance with UA set to mobile

Sent from my GT-P7320 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hondax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iZLeeP
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondax View Post
I agree the tab pro 8.4 sounds like a good device. Convenient size and good specs. I would also look at the less expensive LG 8.3. Still, I feel my 8.9 LTE with dual core 1.5 GHz is aging with grace. Better performance and UI with CM10 and Nova launcer, great browser performance with UA set to mobile

Sent from my GT-P7320 using XDA Premium HD app
Yes, it is quite tempting to buy a new device as replacement, but with the way manufacturers roll their products, I may have to put off purchasing a new one until I really get a good deal out of it. So far, my old P7300 and P7500 is still up to the task even games with heavy graphics.

The Following User Says Thank You to iZLeeP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]