XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TFT300 Screen and digitizer G03

Tip us?

m0nkey34
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default TFT300 Screen and digitizer G03

Hello! I tried searching but there is too much clutter and I can't find a specific answer.

First, my tft300 had a G03 digitizer that broke. I already took it appart and managed to tear a small ribbon cable on the left corner of the lcd (underneath the black tape.

I found a complete assembly of the lcd, framr and digitizer but it is a G01 digitizer.

The board where the connectors go in says JE301 and J6302. Touch panel version says ELAN-3011-4822. Would a G01 work with my hardware or do I strictly have to go with G03?

Also I have found G03+lcd combo but the lcd is different. It says Rev. 2, mine is Rev. 4. Does this difference in lcd matter? Are they practically the same?
Thanks!

graphdarnell
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nkey34 View Post
Hello! I tried searching but there is too much clutter and I can't find a specific answer.

First, my tft300 had a G03 digitizer that broke. I already took it appart and managed to tear a small ribbon cable on the left corner of the lcd (underneath the black tape.

I found a complete assembly of the lcd, framr and digitizer but it is a G01 digitizer.

The board where the connectors go in says JE301 and J6302. Touch panel version says ELAN-3011-4822. Would a G01 work with my hardware or do I strictly have to go with G03?

Also I have found G03+lcd combo but the lcd is different. It says Rev. 2, mine is Rev. 4. Does this difference in lcd matter? Are they practically the same?
Thanks!
The G01 will work as a replacement for the G03 fine. As to the lcd, you will need to load a picture. The rev. does not matter, but the position of the connector does. If you have to adjust it to fit, that's not good. About the one with the broken connector, if you'd like to donate it for experimentation, let me know. It's never a good idea to remove the lcd the way someone did it on youtube, i.e., remove the backframe, then the glass, then the frontframe. It's almost guaranteed to damage the lcd in some way.

m0nkey34
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphdarnell View Post
The G01 will work as a replacement for the G03 fine. As to the lcd, you will need to load a picture. The rev. does not matter, but the position of the connector does. If you have to adjust it to fit, that's not good. About the one with the broken connector, if you'd like to donate it for experimentation, let me know. It's never a good idea to remove the lcd the way someone did it on youtube, i.e., remove the backframe, then the glass, then the frontframe. It's almost guaranteed to damage the lcd in some way.
Yes, I followed that damn video that has the letters on the bottom. It has no sound or text warnings as to be carefull with that black tape on that corner where the cable is. Thatd $60+ right there....