Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,414 Members 50,181 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help with xnote

Tip us?

armadilloben
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] help with xnote

hey guys i was wondering if anyone could help me with installing the latest build of xnote 10.0 for my n9005

i am currently using the xnote 7.0 rom which is 4.3
my baseband is n900AUCUBMJ5
kernel is 3.4.0-1625098 se.infra@SEP-121#1
and my version of xnote is XXUDML2
i currently have safestrap installed as my recovery
i am rooted as well

the xnote note instructions read as the following

"
[SIZE="1"]ONLY IF COMING FROM ANDROID 4.3

FIRST DO THIS, SKIP IF ALREADY DONE CLICK H E R E

So you need a 4.4.2 official firmware already installed, a working KITKAT recovery and ROOT to backup EFS (use chainfire root for KITKAT)

1- Untick reactivation lock in security settings
2- do a EFS backup from your KitKat firmware
3- check the MD5 of your downloaded X-Note zip
4- reboot recovery
5- wipe data (don't do other wipes)
6- install zip and choose the rom in your sd
7- follow aroma, wait for first boot, done
[/SIZE]"

so my question is do i need to follow those instructions in order to flash from the old xnote 7 to xnote 10 and if so where do i find the download link for the 4.4.2 official poland firmware. (will the langauge be in polish) and will it completely wipe my device in any part of this process and do i need to install a different or newer recovery

thanks for all the help in advance
-ben

kenny1991
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Omg
Is there a question?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1398

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny1991 View Post
Omg
Is there a question?
Yes > >>

Quote:
so my question is do i need to follow those instructions in order to flash from the old xnote 7 to xnote 10 and if so where do i find the download link for the 4.4.2 official poland firmware. (will the langauge be in polish) and will it completely wipe my device in any part of this process and do i need to install a different or newer recovery

thanks for all the help in advance
-ben
theres a couple of threads in the general section of this forum to download 4.4.2 - The language won't be Polish as you get to choose on setup wizard.

It won't wipe your device using Odin to flash it - although it's advisable you do wipe.

Lastest CWM by Chenglu - PhilZ Adavanced CWM - TWRP are all Kitkat compatible now. -- remember you don't need to root to install a custom recovery.
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

armadilloben
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Yes > >>

theres a couple of threads in the general section of this forum to download 4.4.2 - The language won't be Polish as you get to choose on setup wizard.

It won't wipe your device using Odin to flash it - although it's advisable you do wipe.

Lastest CWM by Chenglu - PhilZ Adavanced CWM - TWRP are all Kitkat compatible now. -- remember you don't need to root to install a custom recovery.
thank you for the help is safestrap 3.71 using twrp v 2.6.3.1 an acceptable recovery to use to flash 4.4.2 and then xnote afterwards?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1398

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by armadilloben View Post
thank you for the help is safestrap 3.71 using twrp v 2.6.3.1 an acceptable recovery to use to flash 4.4.2 and then xnote afterwards?
Not 100% sure with using safestrap, you'd have to check the safestrap thread for advice.

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

armadilloben
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default flustered

Quote:
Not 100% sure with using safestrap, you'd have to check the safestrap thread for advice.
okay in all honesty im becoming frustrated with this whole process could someone possibly reply with clear instructions with exactly what i need to do in order to update xnote 7.0 to xnote 10.0 im getting a tad bit confused as to exactly what i need to do

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1398

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by armadilloben View Post
okay in all honesty im becoming frustrated with this whole process could someone possibly reply with clear instructions with exactly what i need to do in order to update xnote 7.0 to xnote 10.0 im getting a tad bit confused as to exactly what i need to do
Using safestrap automatically throws a spanner in the works due to the way it's handled flashing etc, there won't be a simple way with this but there are ways.

armadilloben
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default gchat

if anyone would be willing to google hangout chat me or skype me and possibly walk me through this process it would be hugely appreciated all of my usernames are armadilloben

armadilloben
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Using safestrap automatically throws a spanner in the works due to the way it's handled flashing etc, there won't be a simple way with this but there are ways.
well in that case do you know of a way for me to reflash to a different recovery?

im sort of becoming overwhelmed with this process.

i understand how to flash roms pretty well and have been following the xda community for about two years now ive learned and read enough posts to not be a complete idiot anymore. this process however has kinda screwed with my head and im nervous to attempt to update to 10.0 without clearer instructions

armadilloben
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default ok ii attempted to do it

alrighty so i built up the courage and attempted to flash the poland 4.42 stock rom via odin i checked auto reboot and f. reset time loaded the firemware into AP

i put my phone into download mode plugged it in the my machine tried to start the proceess with odin and i got the following fail error
heres the log:

"<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N9005XXUENB3_N9005OXXENB1_N9005XXUENB1_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)"

in download mode my phone says the following
"odin mode
product name sm-900a
current binary: samsung official
system status: official
know kernel lock: 0x0
knox warranty void: 0x0
qualcomm securtboot: enable (csb)
rp swrev: s2, t2 , a2 , a2, p2
wirte protection: enable
secure check fail: sbl1