OP Captain_Throwback

21st February 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #61  
Austin, Tx
Thanks Meter: 258

1,056 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfromsako

You don't get stuck...it just doesn't do anything. So there is nothing to get stuck on...lol

I'm almost to the point of wiping my entire PC and doing a fresh install of win7. It doesn't make any sense the 3.17 ruu runs just fine!
😬

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk

Yea, i meant stuck for nothing...Im gonna do a fresh win 7 install on a spare hard drive...ill post results...
The Following User Says Thank You to Osirus71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #62  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 49

289 posts
More
No idea what's wrong here. I'm on an old version of twrp.

Downloaded the ruu, plugged the phone in, and get error 158. Claims it's not the correct ruu.

Even downloaded an old ruu to roll it back to stock. Nothing. Win 7 here.

Sent from my SPH-L900
21st February 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #63  
OP Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 11,218

12,342 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticking

No idea what's wrong here. I'm on an old version of twrp.

Downloaded the ruu, plugged the phone in, and get error 158. Claims it's not the correct ruu.

Even downloaded an old ruu to roll it back to stock. Nothing. Win 7 here.

Sent from my SPH-L900

If your bootloader is unlocked, you have to relock it first for this to flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #64  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 147

600 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

If your bootloader is unlocked, you have to relock it first for this to flash.

I didn't relock it. It flashed fine for me.
21st February 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #65  
Flag Bensalem, PA

12,342 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionX

I didn't relock it. It flashed fine for me.

Are you S-OFF?
21st February 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #66  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 147

600 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

Are you S-OFF?

indeed
21st February 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #67  
Flag Bensalem, PA

12,342 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionX

indeed

Then that's why. S-ON Unlocked people have to relock to flash the RUU.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #68  
Flag Bensalem, PA

12,342 posts
Donate to Me
More
People having issues with the RUU - have you tried this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50487437

P.S. If you want to try the above method but can't find the files, they're in my Dev Host folder.
Last edited by Captain_Throwback; 21st February 2014 at 05:45 AM.
21st February 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #69  
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
More
Hey Captain, can you make a separate thread dedicated to explaining the status of the device. I mean like explaining how the storage partition conflicts with older ROMs, and why the standard users should or should not update right now. I know you have two ROMs built from source that support the partition tables. The thing holding me back is knowing I can't go back to legacy ROMs. I was wondering if you or any other devs have looked into the possibility of decompiling the RUU, allowing for the 'Stock' ROM to have the older partition table, making it possible to simply flash, and revert back if need be. Last but not least a possibility of updating everything else from the RUU such as HBOOT, radios, etc. Sorry, I'm not a dev, I'm just wondering about these things since the OG EVO seemed to be straight forward like this. I know we should be thankful that HTC even gave us this. Keep up the good work!
Last edited by Hi5josh; 21st February 2014 at 06:29 AM.
21st February 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #70  
Austin, Tx
Thanks Meter: 258

1,056 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi5josh

Hey Captain, can you make a separate thread dedicated to explaining the status of the device. I mean like explaining how the storage partition conflicts with older ROMs, and why the standard users should or should not update right now. I know you have two ROMs built from source that support the partition tables. The thing holding me back is knowing I can't go back to legacy ROMs. I was wondering if you or any other devs have looked into the possibility of decompiling the RUU, allowing for the 'Stock' ROM to have the older partition table, making it possible to simply flash, and revert back if need be. Last but not least a possibility of updating everything else from the RUU such as HBOOT, radios, etc. Sorry, I'm not a dev, I'm just wondering about these things since the OG EVO seemed to be straight forward like this. I know we should be thankful that HTC even gave us this. Keep up the good work!

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Look in his rom thread.,....its all explained there in detail

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639180

The Following User Says Thank You to Osirus71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread