[Recovery][CWM][TWRP][UB]Flashable Recovery For Xperia ZR

Search This thread

wai10691

Aug 16, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Here are two flashable zip for you to flash the recovery, CWM or TWRP into your Xperia ZR.

Quoting from this thread by @championswimmer:
What are the advantages of this method ?
Every time you flash a kernel, the recovery gets changed, because the recovery is present in the kernel. But if we are hotbooting a recovery in the fotakernel partiton, then even after flashing a new kernel (given that it supports extract_elf_ramdisk), your recovery is not changed. Thus even if the kernel's inbuilt recovery is broken, you can continue to use the recovery you have flashed onto your fotakernel.

All I have done with the installer script is pushing the recovery.img into your fotakernel so the recovery you prefer will always stay in the device no matter what kernel/ROM you flashed.

Benefit?
You will not need computer to perform the installation as you only need to flash on your device and you're good to go.

How to install?
1. Download the recovery zip you want
CWM: View attachment clockworkmod_touch_6.0.4.5.zip
TWRP: View attachment twrp_2.6.3.0.zip
2. Copy onto your device, boot into recovery and flash like normal zip
3. Reboot recovery to see if it changes your recovery to the one you flashed

If you like my work, press the THANKS button or consider to buy me a beer.​

Last edited:

Lasantha

Jun 27, 2011
Here are two flashable zip for you to flash the recovery, CWM or TWRP into your Xperia ZR.

Every time you flash a kernel, the recovery gets changed, because the recovery is present in the kernel. But if we are hotbooting a recovery in the fotakernel partiton, then even after flashing a new kernel (given that it supports extract_elf_ramdisk), your recovery is not changed. Thus even if the kernel's inbuilt recovery is broken, you can continue to use the recovery you have flashed onto your fotakernel.

All I have done with the installer script is pushing the recovery.img into your fotakernel so the recovery you prefer will always stay in the device no matter what kernel/ROM you flashed.

Benefit?
You will not need computer to perform the installation as you only need to flash on your device and you're good to go.

How to install?
CWM: View attachment 2587832
TWRP: View attachment 2587840

Can we have dual recovery pls?

If we need to remove what is the way. Once I was in boot loop when using nut recovery and only thing I had to do add a file to sd card recovery folder to stop recovery

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: kokokpetok

wai10691

Aug 16, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

If we need to remove what is the way. Once I was in boot loop when using nut recovery and only thing I had to do add a file to sd card recovery folder to stop recovery

The intention was only install one recovery in FOTAKernel. DualRecovery using another method but if you want you can use the other dualrecovery.

I have made CWM and TWRP available for user to move around without losing any recovery.

Lasantha

Jun 27, 2011
The intention was only install one recovery in FOTAKernel. DualRecovery using another method but if you want you can use the other dualrecovery.

I have made CWM and TWRP available for user to move around without losing any recovery.

avik735

Mar 15, 2012
Kolkata
Sony Xperia ZR
Moto X Play

Benefit?

How to install?

Great work!! I just have two questions:

1. Does this work on LB?
2. Does offline charging work with this recovery?

adize

Jan 24, 2014
Valenzuela
If I flash kernel that contains recovery (i.e CM11) will it be overwritten?

Sent from my C5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

apj_585

Jun 28, 2016
Need urgent help

Benefit?

How to install?

How do I enter in to recovery. I hav etried all the possible PnC's found online but nothing seems to worlk andI end up starting the phone.

rkumbhar

Aug 9, 2011
Mumbai
www.techhq.in
help me flashed twrp with official twrp app , not device is not booting in recovery mode with key combination and twrp app to... my device is bootloader unlocked and rooted help me to flash twrp in device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Benefit?

How to install?
    CWM: View attachment clockworkmod_touch_6.0.4.5.zip
    TWRP: View attachment twrp_2.6.3.0.zip

Benefit?

How to install?

If I flash kernel that contains recovery (i.e CM11) will it be overwritten?

Sent from my C5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes !
    But if the previous recovery was in system and was not with Kernel then they both may stay together.
    Yes.Find it herehttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3047602

Sent from my Xperia ZR using XDA Free mobile app